Balancing Throttle Bodies/Butterflies

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Miz
On the Road

Balancing Throttle Bodies/Butterflies

Post by Miz »

Hiya,

Has anyone come up with a good method for balancing their throttle bodies?? I have just had a quick play with the Vacuum gauges and the front pot was reading about 22 the back was off the scale (over 40)..... these readings seem a bit high compared to other bikes I have worked on. All comments advice would be welcome.

Ta.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

----->>>>>
:roll: whoosh

But this thread might help
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Whooosh.......

Post by Miz »

Hiya,

thanx for the link, I had already had a look at that one, was thinking that if I got some other peoples tricks n tips I could pick the easiest one for me.....

Ah well, it looks like this is gonna be the easiest..

By the way, how are you and the Rappy goin on??

Miz.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Can't give you any technical tips Miz 'cos I'm a techno-numptie. I'd always ask raptordoc but he hasn't been online for a bit.

Thanks for asking Miz - We managed to source all the required bits for Rappy and they were delivered / collected really quickly thanks to a mate with an ebay account and a couple of phone calls, oh special mention to Baines Racing - they were brilliant. I had to use my "spare" right hand can and the other one is having the small bracket welded this week.
My mate came and did spannering on Sunday, now the only thing is to fit the replacement flyscreen, check the front wheel and forks just in case and get me fit to ride. I'm sure I could ride but I can't move her (even the bars) while she's stood still :roll: I think I might need one of those baby Raptors to keep me going until I'm fully fixed :? :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>