Pain / Pleasure

Chat about anything
Dangermouse

Pain / Pleasure

Post by Dangermouse »

Well, after a bit of chasing, have just shelled out about £1200 on bits and bobs for the bike :( . However, they've started arriving at my house, which is filling me with aniticipatory joy, and I managed to get the engine started at the weekend, and it runs ferpectly :D . Had to order a couple of bits from Italy, which are probably going to take forever to arrive, but if I let my optimism get the better of me I could imagine that she'll be on the road by next month.

I don't think I'm the only one wondering whether this is Raptordoc's old machine - if you're out there doctor, what number was yours?

D
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Best of luck with the project DM :)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
tonyb
On the Road

Post by tonyb »

I put a set of Ducati 748 forks on my Raptor1000....much better than standard forks....however I had Raptor yokes modified and kept original front wheel...big mistake as the wheel spindle doesn't fit, so bottoms of forks then need modifying....then discs are wrong diameter and disc offset slightly out....therefore forks off again for mounting surfaces skimming...I also ended up having unique (as far as I know) disc rotors being machined to fit Raptor carriers......so don't make the same mistakes as me....get a complete Ducati 748/916/996 front end, including calipers, discs and wheel....you'll still need a new steering stem machining but UK Suspension in Keighley, West Yorks made me a similar stem for £75
wayne
On the Road

Ducati front end

Post by wayne »

Dangermouse,
I don't know if you've sorted a front end out yet but just seen this advert in this months Streetfighter ( May ) mag,
'Ducati USD front end.Anodised gold,carbon mudguard,clip ons,yokes,minus wheel ,£200 07775 897768 '
regards Wayne