It's leaking

Chat about anything
Amanda M
On the Road

It's leaking

Post by Amanda M »

:cry: Went out to my baby yesterday to take it for a lovely long ride and there was a little puddle under it coming from one of the oil cooler lines near the banjo bolt. I thought it might be just a little seep from it but oh no, I fired her up and it started really leaking out so I couldn't go anywhere :( . It looks like the metal bit of the line has rotted through. I'm not a happy bunny - this is the second thing that has broken on it already and I've hardly used it. :evil:
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

Hmmm... I hope I have better luck with mine... and I hope your luck improves too...

Maybe its the character of the bike seeping thru.. its not a Honda after all..
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

I think part of the problem with it is it had been stood for a while before I bought it so things have started rotting. At least it's happening now and not in the middle of summer I suppose :roll: . It's just annoying.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

what a good excuse though to get some nice shiney stainless ones made up.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Amanda M wrote:55 years agoI think part of the problem with it is it had been stood for a while before I bought it so things have started rotting.
What happens when bikes are left standing I spose :cry: hose should be easy to get - will the dealer do it ? i.e. have you a warranty of sorts ?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

ozzy wrote:55 years agowhat a good excuse though to get some nice shiney stainless ones made up.
That's exactly what I'm doing :lol: At least they won't rot again after that!