titanium raptor parts

Chat about anything
ozzy
On the Road

titanium raptor parts

Post by ozzy »

have found loads of titanium parts for raptors.some parts are listed in cagiva section,other parts such as disc bolts and lever pivot bolts are R1.if your unsure measure your parts with a vernier and phone them.staff are very helpfull.have replaced all my nuts and bolts including engine mounts.www.tastynuts.com
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

www.tastynuts.com is the web site of ProBolt. I had a set of ProBolt Titanium Calliper bolts for my Raptor which rounded off the first time I took them out.

Shouldn't be a problem I thought but their customer service people refused to accept there was a problem and said that I had used inferior tools on them.

When I took the bolts and the tools to the Alexandra Palace show they decided that it was user error despite the fact that anything that goes on my race bike does so withthe correct torque settings and a torque wrench.

In the end the woman walked off the stand after refusing to even acknowledge that there may be a design problem or some other fault.

A wander over to the HyperBolt stand and I got greast customer service, had the new bolts sent to me quickly and they have proved to be a better design and a bit lighter to!

The Pro Bolt Calliper bolts only have a 4.0mm - 4.5mm recess which, in my opinion, isn't enough (even with a quality set of hex drivers) to reliably do the job. The HyperBolt stuff has 5.5mm - 6.0mm which is much more usable.

At the end of the day I will never use ProBolt or www.tastynuts.com as their customer service people have treated me appalling and basically told me to my face that they consider me a liar and that their products are not at fault. Even if their products were the best out there, and in my opinion they aren't, I wouldn't go near them again.

Try HyperBolt at www.hyperbolt.co.uk if you want my recommendation.
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

i love to read this stuff, it helps everyone out except the mongrels with there attitudes who are selling this rubbish, customer service is nearly extinct these days....stick it to the man :evil:
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

sorry to hear you never got on with pro-bolt.i have had exactly the opposite experiences,finding them very helpful and with good customer service.maybe on the dozen or so times myself or friends have used them we just been lucky.or maybe your unlucky.who knows.but i will agree that the caliper pinch bolts and disc bolts are certainly too shallow.my post though,was not to alert people tp titanium bolts,they are sold local to most people,but to point out useful item other than the usual bolts.items such as the brake/gear lever pivot bolts,bleed nipples,d rings,brake clevis bolts and titanuim brake pad hanger pins.all in titanium.not seen my of these items on most bolt sites or shops.