buzzing sound

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
ju
On the Road

buzzing sound

Post by ju »

ok i have this little problem which is bothering me the front fairing make alot of buzzing sound when i pull the trottle and im not sure how to remove it or refit it back.so far i been sending the bike to the agent for all maintainent so have no knowleage even to change the spark plug can anyone help cause agent seem busy to help me with this little problem.
ju
On the Road

Post by ju »

its the horn that make the buzzing sound to be precise.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

is it making a noise.. like its trying to operate? In which case look for a dodgy connection on to it or a bit a wire that has chaffed and is touchig the frame or another wire (so making a slight contact)... insulation tape will fix that for the moment. If its just a rattly buzzing, then check its bolted on properly and/or that its not hitting comething else... a bit of judiciall bending might be in order :wink:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

loose and vibrating against the nose? tighten and stick a piece of sticky backed velcro (the soft side) on the plastic where it's touching the fairing

mine had a buzzing when the top plate of the tank wasn't quite seated on the rubber pads - just needed moving and a bit of double sided tape to re-fix the pad
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ju
On the Road

Post by ju »

tks will try to put some padding in between the tank and horn, and see if that help