Aussie Cagiva Owners Get Together

Chat about anything
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Just putting it out there, hoping to get a fellow Navigator owner to come and meet me at a secret camping site at Warwick in Queensland during the Christmas/New Years break. Just wondering if there'd be any Aussie Raptor owners that would like to come and get an awesome group photo of several Cagivas together. I will be going there in my campervan and will have water for showers, refrigeration for refreshments, and gear to cook meals. There's about 5 acres for us to spread out if we want and it's on the banks of a river. There's no charge to camp there. Just for the English members reading this, yes, there are crocodiles in the river, there are taipan snakes lurking around, as well as lots of ticks and leeches, and plenty of jumping cacti. If you're an Aussie, you'll know which ones are prevalent lol
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: Aussie Cagiva Owners Get Together

Post by andybaggies »

jumping cacti
wtf :shock:
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

andybaggies wrote: 3 years ago
jumping cacti
wtf :shock:
They're not that much of an issue Andy, just pull them off with the ticks, leechs, and taipans before you go to bed ;)
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Well, naturally Shebee will be organising a contingent from the UK, bikes included, so long as you can guarantee no snow.You may not have encountered frozen rain before, if any rain at all, and I can tell you it's pretty scary! :nod:

Nick
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

nickst4 wrote: 3 years ago so long as you can guarantee no snow.You may not have encountered frozen rain before, if any rain at all, and I can tell you it's pretty scary! :nod:
It's summer in the Southern Hemisphere mate, was 40 degrees C on Wednesday at Warwick, so I don't think there is much chance of snow. They're predicting storms nearly everyday over the Christmas New Year period.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

nickst4 wrote: 3 years ago Well, naturally Shebee will be organising a contingent from the UK, bikes included,
Nick
:suspect:

Ok i have looked into this and am finding it difficult to locate a hotel that will let us self isolate together for 2 weeks on arrival... with the bikes, a plentiful supply of scones and cucumber sandwiches and a private track for us to be able to get our essential exercise on the bikes. Obviously without these fundamental facilities it is not viable. So currently I don’t think we can make it... sorry :wavesad:
Twisted Tequila Sister
sidrat
On the Road

Post by sidrat »

Hope you have a great time :dance:
Roadsters are me!
Brisbanerappy

Post by Brisbanerappy »

I actually bought my raptor in Warwick around that time. It’s a shame I hadn’t discovered this group.
I head down that way fairly often to visit family.