Exact engine model?

General spannery stuff
andybaggies
On the Road

Exact engine model?

Post by andybaggies »

Does anyone know the exact engine model the raptor 1000 uses?

I'm occasionally feeling/hearing a gentle clunk when releasing the clutch in first so with a good dose of paranoia started looking at the clutch parts diagrams on Fowlers spare parts web site.

And sheesh :shock: there are gawd knows how many slight variations of the clutch internals, plates, cam set etc and five different variations of both the TLR/TLS (K1/K2/W/X/Y & V/W/X/Y/K1). And when, for example, the two different cam sets come in at 240 & 154 sovs it'd be good to know exactly what I'm ordering.

Can anything be done with the engine number and, perhaps, contacting Suzuki GB I wonder?

Cheers,

Andy B
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Exact engine model?

Post by shebee »

That’s bloody good question, i don’t know but hopefully someone does! :shock:
Twisted Tequila Sister
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Well, after a little more googling it appears the TLR has two injectors per cylinder and from what I can remember the Raptor only has one so it must be the TLS.

The TLS stopped production in 2001 & the SV started in 2003. The Raptor started in 2000 & stopped in 2005 but as no Raptors have the hydraulic clutch of the SV perhaps they continued supplying the TLS to Cagiva. But which one (V/W/X/Y/K1) ?

Still way too many ifs & maybes for my liking. :blink:

Me head hurts.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Yes its a TLS but see this post , it might be a tlr clutch? :(

http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... &hilit=Tls
Twisted Tequila Sister
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Yes its a TLS but see this post , it might be a tlr clutch? :(

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=463&hilit=Tls
Aha, velly intelesting…

Right, after a good half hour googling Fowlers parts & ebay I’ve come up with the following:

The TLS model V/W has a five spring clutch with a pressure plate code of 21462-02F00-000. It also has the expensive cam set (£254) that for some reason includes the basket - 21610-02F00-000.

The TLS mode X/Y/K1 has a six spring clutch with a pressure plate code of 21462-02F10-000. It also has the cheaper cam set (£154 – all relative mind!) that doesn’t include the basket - 21610-02F12-000. Both these items are shared with…. the TLR.

Hurrah :happyhappy: So it appears the Raptor engine is a TL1000S model X/Y/K1

But don't quote me.....
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Good to have the part numbers listed up, thank you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lor I remember that 04 thread .. and being concerned about the 60k comment. Having passed that by some I'm wondering under what circumstances 60k was a turning point, and decided its just the 'bedded in' point :wink: :wink:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

and being concerned about the 60k comment. Having passed that by some I'm wondering under what circumstances 60k was a turning point, and decided its just the 'bedded in' point
Same here as 'ol Reggie is at 50k but I like to think I've had sufficient mechanical sympathy that the plates will last a good deal longer. I like to press on :ride: but I'm not exactly a burn out wheelie king :revrev:

At some point I'll probably get a new cam set though as I'm definitely seeing the described symptoms of 'a slight hesitation of the clutch just when you let out the lever'. But I reckon it can wait until the next oil change.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I seem to recall that there was a shim or something got renewed at about the 60k point but cams .. I don't think there were any swapped out.
Now you mention oil change I must haul my idle self out to compete that task.
Amazing how the miles rack up when you're having fun ain't it? :revrev:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>