Dizzyblonde and her numpty corner mechanicking questions

General spannery stuff
pod
On the Road

Re: Dizzyblonde and her numpty corner mechanicking questions

Post by pod »

Before going further with the gear change, lift the bike so the back wheel is off the ground, have someone spin the wheel while trying to select all the gears. If this doesnt allow selection of all the gears you will need to start looking at the selector mech, on the 650 Sv motor there is a circlip on the selector shaft that can be dislodged in a drop , its quite an easy fix, not sure if the 1000 is the same. best of luck.
Stay calm.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Not sure if this is your problem as its the 650 but with the 1000 sometimes poor shifting can be caused by the oem shift star , an upgraded shift star can be a good investment

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/pr ... _improvent
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Good info there ozz, thanks for warning us about that quirk. Just had a wee shufty at the factorypro website and they seem to know a lot about these motors, I'll have a good stickybeak :D
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoHurrah, I have bought some OEM bars :thumbsup:

For reference

Monubrio VRaptor 650/1000 Xtra bars part number 800095584.
Where did you get the new bars from and how much ?were they Xraptor bars, i suspect the standard 1000 bars may be different. I checked OEM parts website but they use different part numbers $130 without shipping :shock: