Exhaust

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Exhaust

Post by ozzraptor »

Hi raptors and raptress's, i decided the xxxraptor needed a makeover so shes getting a new rear end :woot: I bought the link pipes only because they will work with my standard fit gpr pipes. I have fitted the left side into position but a few mods need to be done, straps and bracket, chain is going to touch on the exhaust because of the jack up kit so link pipe will need a slight ammendment, blinkers to be repositioned but nothing too serious. :happyhappy:

norrie
On the Road

Re: Exhaust

Post by norrie »

That's going to look awesome once you get it done. :nod:
I do like high pipes but it's a bummer when you've got throw over panniers.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Buy new rear light which has blinkers in it.. ;)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years agoBuy new rear light which has blinkers in it.. ;)
great idea , i think thats what i will be doing
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
V4mp wrote:55 years agoBuy new rear light which has blinkers in it.. ;)
great idea , i think thats what i will be doing
Will that pass your version of the MOT, over here you have to have an understanding test station as the indicators are too close together (from a distance no-one knows which way you are turning).

As I use panniers and have a rack fitted, I have mine mounted on small brackets behind the number plate

152/999
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

probabally no
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I found the solution to my indicator problem, bought some nice carbon look flushmounts :happyhappy:
Last edited by ozzraptor on |September 25th, 2014|, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Starting to take shape , just the indicators and right side to finish welding. ordered some 100mm exhaust clamps to bolt exhaust directly to hanger and black ceramic coated pipes.Unfortunately the jack up plates dont allow for the fully adjustable shock so i am not able to use them. I have tried two different kits and neither jack up kit will work with the xrap shock as the rebound adjuster fouls on the rear of the engine. It states these kits will work on all raptors :thumbsdown: if anyones fitted a jackup or tail raiser kit to their stock xraptor let me know which kit you got :) The standard 1000 raptor and 650 is no problem as the shock is different.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Thats one sexy machine :nod:
Bit of a Muppet
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks shedmonkey , the link pipes are in at the ceramic coaters now , next pic will be of bike finished but i like the way it looks now so will leave it alone. :happyhappy: i dont plan on doing any more to it except ride :ride:
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Yeah we believe you that it's finished. :wink:

As Shed said that is one nice looking bike. 8)
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I tried to bend the rear banjo a little out of way of the exhaust, it snapped ,the metal like swiss cheese ,so now i am going to replace the master while its apart. Might as well do the job properly and save doing again later :) Your right Norrie, its never finished :roll:
Last edited by ozzraptor on |October 11th, 2014|, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

sounds great too :happyhappy: first pic is how it looked when i first put the gpr pipes on just after i got the raptor. Spot the mods :roll:
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Great ass ! :nod:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Regarding the pc2 ,trying to fit anything under the seat is a real pita especially a pc2 ,and now i have the high pipes it not easy getting to the seat latch so i ran a cable from the pc2 to the under side of bike so at least i dont need to take the seat off to play with mapping now :happyhappy: Also ordered a new set of limited edition goodridge gold rear brake line :o