dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: Changing fork oil

Post by dizzyblonde »

Thanks folks!!
I have 15 in the SV, and I'm happy its like an iron bar :blink:

Think I'll go with 7.5 then, I'd prefer a bit softer for the Rap. :happyhappy:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I changed my fork oil a while back, with lots of help from here and the manual - thanks all!

But I did get conflicting advice from the manual about the torque settings for the front calipers, thought I'd check it out with you lot.
Page E5 says the caliper screws get 23/25 Nm.
Page F8 says the caliper fastening bolts get 39 Nm, and it's not very clear whether the Loctite goes on the fastening bolts or the union bolts.
Page L3 says the front brake caliper fastening gets 45/55 Nm.
:?

I think that in the end I went with the 39, and Loctite, but what do you lot reckon?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoI changed my fork oil a while back, with lots of help from here and the manual - thanks all!

But I did get conflicting advice from the manual about the torque settings for the front calipers, thought I'd check it out with you lot.
Page E5 says the caliper screws get 23/25 Nm.
Page F8 says the caliper fastening bolts get 39 Nm, and it's not very clear whether the Loctite goes on the fastening bolts or the union bolts.
Page L3 says the front brake caliper fastening gets 45/55 Nm.
:?

I think that in the end I went with the 39, and Loctite, but what do you lot reckon?
I went with less than 45 , i think around 40nm but using titanium with copper anti corrosion grease has different specs, usually a bit lower than oem steel bolts. You should be good, there only a guide.