R1 forks what model

General spannery stuff
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: R1 forks what model

Post by Crap Tartan »

Upon further research I now believe K1 GSXR 750/1000 forks also fit the raptor yokes.

depending on if you want raptor wheel/brakes then further issues arise.

Usual spacer issues with spindle.......................
nil illigitimae carborundum
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

thanks folks useful info there .has anyone ridden gsxr1000 versus r1 or are they pretty simillar?
Bit of a Muppet
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Have ridden both and have R1 forks fitted to my rap.

Both felt razor sharp and quite firm a ride but thats to be expected from a pure sports bike and they were probably set up that way.

I know the R1 has a load of useable adjustment in its forks and they can be made quite compliant and soft even, I have never messed about with the GSXR forks so cant really comment but the R1 forks are famous for their adjustability and longevity so thats why I went for them rather than anything else.

The early R1 was a little sports/tourer oriented whereas the earlier GSXR`s where much more focussed (and uncomfortable) so it comes down to what you want from it and how you want to ride it..........................
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

R1 it is then. Thanks martin
Bit of a Muppet
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

No worries, and looking at ebay etc. R1 forks tend to be much cheaper secondhand than the GSXR`s probably as the latter had 320mm discs and "gold" titanium nitride coating!
Lexio62
On the Road

Post by Lexio62 »

I run K4 GSXR600/760 forks on my SV650 race bike and they're a great setup.
I think they can for the raptor triples. I will investigate further.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Lexio62 wrote:55 years agoI run K4 GSXR600/760 forks on my SV650 race bike and they're a great setup.
I think they can for the raptor triples. I will investigate further.
I had the same forks on my sv1000 they are Showa, with some r1 monoblock calipers. They were awesome!
Lexio62
On the Road

Post by Lexio62 »

Did you sell me a spare set of GSXR forks and triples? Adelaide?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Lexio62 wrote:55 years agoDid you sell me a spare set of GSXR forks and triples? Adelaide?
Hi mate , welcome and nice vrap ,could possibally be if you have a sv650 ,how are the forks going ? I should have kept them for the raptor ! small world hey! I think i have some pics somewhere of the white sv650 or was it blue with a white pointy nose cone ?

.......... i should add if your ever going by stop in , would like to see the rap ,did you buy it in s.a. ? also i have some go fast bits if youre ever thjinking of tracking it , pc2 ,k&N , new atre , i have a gipro fitted , also a couple of tl yosh headers could be made up into a decent race sytem although i havent decided on what i am going to do with those yet , shoot me a pm