Three bike sandwich anyone?

General spannery stuff
camdoon34

Post by camdoon34 »

Hi everyone, looking to pick a brain or two. Long story short had Raptor 1000 3 years in Scotland all weathers..
After 1 engine (chain gave up maxing out in third and was inducted into gearbox internals) and 2
looms (disny like the wet) it`s sitting with Fi code and shot relays and considering the fun I`ve had
with it I`ve decided to try welding bits of it on to my RF 900R track bike and was wondering if anyone
had any knowledge along these lines. I have a 750 GSXR 1996 front end for the RF but would like to fit
the cool Raptor wheels and the brakes to the set up. If this is a goer I will sell the Raptor frame with good
engine and V5. Hope I`ve explained this at least half sensibly. :? Thanks for your time and shiny side up..Rod. :D
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Whoo an angle grinder and welding torch project, we like those tools! I cant help, but welcome and we have some tech peeps about who may be here soon

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Three bike sandwich anyone?

Post by Spyke »

Yeah welcome aboard cam, that sounds like a fun project, but I'm surprised your adding rap stuff to the RF and not RF stuff to the rap...but I'm a sucker for the rap engine!

Your chain mangling sounds pretty unpleasant, I've had a chain shot towards me down the road (due to lack of maintenance :doh:), and that was a bit scary, but as they can also smash feet and ankles and other "body" work to leave you a cripple then I suppose it could be worse! Any idea what triggered that failure?

Sorry I've just got questions and no advice for ya!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

sounds interesting sorry cant help but it should be possible :nod: . if you do sell the remains let me know.
Bit of a Muppet
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

wayyyyy out of my zone of knowledge but g'luck with the project

mmmm spares :geek: yum yum, we likes spares :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
camdoon34

Post by camdoon34 »

Any idea what triggered that failure?
Hi Spyke, The Rap and my now sold SV 650s sat outside together and two days after the Rap shed the chain
I went out to discover the SV with NO chain, and it sure as hell didne come home like that !!!
So I recon some little :evil: £$%^&*+ tried the Rap first and got disturbed but flayed a link and the
rest is history, as they say.
camdoon34

Post by camdoon34 »

mmmm spares :geek: yum yum, we likes spares :nod:
Hi folks, after much tape and HOW MUCH ?? work I`ve decided to upgrade the RF with GSXR bits.
The Raptor engine has gone to a guy to do a Fiat 126 mod.. he knows it needs a loom ! and all the relays.
I`ve used the front master cylinder.
So if the admin are kind enough to let me, I can tell you that the rolling chassis with V5
and lots of bits are on the bay, 10 day auction..id no. 281412725317.
I hope someone can benifit from poor Torque`s demise..
Shiny side up now.. Cheers.