Clutch cable snapped, where can I get one? :(

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Does anyone know where I can get a Rappy 1000 (naked if it makes a difference) clutch cable? Failing that, does anyone know the length of the cable so I might get one made up for me?
Tried using the search here but got no results :(

Bloomin thing snapped on the way home, such a pain but it might be a nice excuse to buy those shiny v-trec levers I've been after for a while ;)
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Venhill is my source for clutch cable

http://www.venhill.co.uk/Hoses_&_Cables_-_Motorcycle

They don't list the raptor on the site but they should have the details as they have done several for people here. HTH

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
snapdragon

Re: Clutch cable snapped, where can I get one? :(

Post by snapdragon »

Venhill will make you one - but the TL1000 one will do the job
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

http://www.venhill.co.uk/Hoses_&_Cables_-_Motorcycle

+ 1 for Venhill , had a spare Raptor 1000 clutch cable off them a few year's back .

Excellent quality & only took a few day's to arrive via their web site ... :thumbsup:
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Does anyone have their order number? I asked them about making me one up and they said they could get the pattern to make it based on a previous customers order, failing that I'll send my broken cable to them to copy.
If anyone could PM me their order number I can pass it on to them!

Cheers all! :)
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

'Does anyone have their order number? I asked them about making me one up and they said they could get the pattern to make it based on a previous customers order, failing that I'll send my broken cable to them to copy.
If anyone could PM me their order number I can pass it on to them!

Cheers all! '

pm me your e-mail address & i'll send you a copy of the invoice , it was back in August 2008 tho !!!
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

PM sent, cheers man :)
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Once you get the cable ordered from them, ask them for a reference/part number for the cable, then that can be added into a "sticky" to save hassle in the future.

I ordered one from them a few years ago, was on holiday in Ireland, and at that time they sent one out for next day delivery to my B&B.
152/999
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

A group buy on them would be nice, i would like to have one just for a spare
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Bum, the order is too old for them to still have the spec :(

Cheers anyway mogs :)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I've found my original broken one (found in the shed) - which I could send off to Venhill and maybe get a couple made up.
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoA group buy on them would be nice, i would like to have one just for a spare
Problem:- I don't know whether this fits both the V and normale 1000, as mine is a V Rap with a normale front end

Anyone know if there are differences in length between the V X and N ??
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

So uh, sorry to be a complete noob but I'm about to package up my broken clutch cable to send to venhill and don't know if they need the outer sheath sent to them too?
I can't see how the cable is going to fit down the outer once they've made it up for me as there's a little knob that connects to the clutch lever at one and and another at the engine end of the cable.
Is it the case that they send the peices and I have to do a little crimping or something? Feel like such a mechanical numpty! :(

Cheers for any help, am planning to send this off to them tomorrow. I'll ask if they can keep the size/dimensions on record and we'll sticky it here. It'll help guarantee them business whenever the next one of us breaks a cable!
I'm on an N Raptor btw :)

[edit] I'll ask em about a bulk order discount and a forum discount while I'm making my order. I'm in a little bit too much of a hurry to hang around and collect names for a bulk order now, sorry :(
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

cF^ wrote:55 years agoSo uh, sorry to be a complete noob but I'm about to package up my broken clutch cable to send to venhill and don't know if they need the outer sheath sent to them too?
I can't see how the cable is going to fit down the outer once they've made it up for me as there's a little knob that connects to the clutch lever at one and and another at the engine end of the cable.
Is it the case that they send the peices and I have to do a little crimping or something? Feel like such a mechanical numpty! :(

Cheers for any help, am planning to send this off to them tomorrow. I'll ask if they can keep the size/dimensions on record and we'll sticky it here. It'll help guarantee them business whenever the next one of us breaks a cable!
I'm on an N Raptor btw :)

[edit] I'll ask em about a bulk order discount and a forum discount while I'm making my order. I'm in a little bit too much of a hurry to hang around and collect names for a bulk order now, sorry :(
They will need the complete cable, inner, outer and any pieces left over from the break.
152/999
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Cheers :)
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

a tl1000s clutch cable will fit ,ive just fitted one to my standard vrap 1000 today. the nipple at the lever end is slightly smaller so add the little plastic bit from your old one to take up the looseness,also there is a 90 degree bend on the tl cable up at the bars which needs gently easing back to about 45 degrees to allow for better routing