650 and 1000 parts list

General spannery stuff
Aussiejoe
On the Road

650 and 1000 parts list

Post by Aussiejoe »

Just stumbled across the parts lists for the 650 and 1000 raptor if anyone wants it.

1000/v-raptor/x-tra raptor
http://forum.cagivisti.de/forum/index.p ... 33ba7bad87

http://cagiva-wiki.de/data/_uploaded/do ... -Teile.pdf
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: 650 and 1000 parts list

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks, that will be handy in the future.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks, that will be extremely handy in the future. Actually found a few parts i am looking for already , screw , m8 X 1.25 (disc bolts) so now i can source a ti set ,and of course that pesky safety vehicle part 800088515 which is still eluding me.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

*like*
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Is that part exclusive to the Raptor Ozz, or is it on the TL1000s too? I did a bit of a search the other week and couldn't see it on the Suzi microfiche. I do have that spare one here mate, but it would be nice to work out what's actually in it, but I'm not that much of a electronics guru, I think Crap Tartan might be the man we need to talk to, to help us work out what's actually in that plug, and make our own version of it. I did test mine for connectivity with a multi-meter and there wasn't any between the 3 pins, so it's got something in there. If I see a TL1000 in my travels I'll have a look at the wiring under the seat.
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

If you can find it on the circuit diagram and I can work out exactly what it does and what it consists of then i may be able to re-create one.
nil illigitimae carborundum
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

It looks like it is item number 9 (vehicle safety system) on the wiring diagram. If you find it Crap Tartan(hate calling you by that derogratory name)on your bike, maybe you can check it for resistance etc and see what's in it. I posted pic on this thread of it http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... 1&start=15
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

If you look at the diagram Miz put up on pg 1 of that thread, it shows the vehicle safety switch i just a connector with a couple of diodes in circuit.
One of them allows the neutral light to come on when the switch is made (it allows the 12v to flow through the neutral bulb, then through the diode in the VSS to earth via the gearbox switch.
The other diode appears to allow the bike to start should either the bike be in neutral or the sidestand switch to be made (stand up) providing all other switches in the circuit are in the correct position.

As long as this diagram is true and not a simplification of the truth then connecting two diodes of the correct value and orientation between the common (gearbox switch) and each of the other two points will perform the same functions.
The two diodes are not necessarily the same value as the resistance between the rest of the circuitry in that leg and earth is likely to be differant for each function but they may well be as the tolerance may allow.

i will attempt to find the VSS on my bike and give it some measurement. Will have to dig out my full wiring diagram so I can find the VSS on it.
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Dont worry about the name, its just a tongue in cheek, thing I came up with (scottish, rhymes with Martin, my name, and has RAPTAR in it!, my tartan is an irish one and is crap as it looks like a muddy puddle!!)

There everyone knows now............................

Admin???? how do we change our handle??? :lol: :wink: :doh:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Awesome, I wuz wondering where you got that name, thanks for sharing!

But I don't think your tartan can be worse than mine...it's pretty bogging!
Gunn_tartan_(Vestiarium_Scoticum).png
Gunn_tartan_(Vestiarium_Scoticum).png (2.25 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Well, stripped the tank off and found my VSS!

Took a bit of doing as when I rebuilt her and done some modification of the harness the VSS got tucked away down one side of the rear pot and took some finding!! My memory aint what it was thats for sure!!

So disconnected it and done some measurements;

It definately appears to be as per the diagram Miz put up

Y/B wire + and Y/G - gives a resistance of 1230 ohms
B/W wire + and Y/G - gives a resistance of 1750 ohms
all other checks (four in total) in either direction give infinity

This means the VSS is as seen in the diagram and thus should be easy to re-create.
The value of the diodes are obviously differant as I suspected in the earlier post due to the components in each half of the circuit. It shouldnt take too much trial and error to get it to work ok as the diodes are not vastly differant in value.

You could wire the diodes up to socket pins that fit into the plug and encase the lot in some resin or silicon sealant so its similar to factory style VSS.
Just fixing pins onto the plug and running 3 wires into a small enclosure and wiring the diodes up in that would be just as good and it can easily be hidden away as it dont need to be that big.

I personally would just cut off the plug and wire the diodes across the wires and seal it all up.

Remember make sure you wire the diodes up the correct way round (polarity) so the work as per the diagram.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Thanks CT, it's great to have someone on board who knows Black Magic/Electrickery!
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

Thanks mate, appreciate the effort you went to, will be a good reference for anyone that has the problem Ozzraptor had, knew you were the guru when it comes to things like this :thumbsup:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoWell, stripped the tank off and found my VSS!

Took a bit of doing as when I rebuilt her and done some modification of the harness the VSS got tucked away down one side of the rear pot and took some finding!! My memory aint what it was thats for sure!!

So disconnected it and done some measurements;

It definately appears to be as per the diagram Miz put up

Y/B wire + and Y/G - gives a resistance of 1230 ohms
B/W wire + and Y/G - gives a resistance of 1750 ohms
all other checks (four in total) in either direction give infinity

This means the VSS is as seen in the diagram and thus should be easy to re-create.
The value of the diodes are obviously differant as I suspected in the earlier post due to the components in each half of the circuit. It shouldnt take too much trial and error to get it to work ok as the diodes are not vastly differant in value.

You could wire the diodes up to socket pins that fit into the plug and encase the lot in some resin or silicon sealant so its similar to factory style VSS.
Just fixing pins onto the plug and running 3 wires into a small enclosure and wiring the diodes up in that would be just as good and it can easily be hidden away as it dont need to be that big.

I personally would just cut off the plug and wire the diodes across the wires and seal it all up.

Remember make sure you wire the diodes up the correct way round (polarity) so the work as per the diagram.
Thanks mate you make it sound easy :thumbsup: i may give it a go but with my electrical skills i am likely to toast the bike next time :lol:
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

"Thanks mate you make it sound easy i may give it a go but with my electrical skills i am likely to toast the bike next time " -- IT IS

solder the two diodes together with both pointing inward towards each other (as per diagram)
chop the plug off and strip back the three wires
solder the Y/G wire to the join of the two diodes
solder the Y/B wire to the free end of the smallest value diode
solder the Bk/W wire to the free end of the other diode
test to prove servicability
seal up the wiring and components to stop it from shorting to anything else

jobs a goodun`

if you really want to be flash do the fancier but fundementally exactly the same version mentioned earlier.