condensation bubbled petrol tank paint :(

General spannery stuff
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Re: condensation bubbled petrol tank paint :(

Post by cagiva_girl »

We may have to have a whip round for a bell to warn everyone your coming

fingers crossed it gets sorted else.......
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

yeuk
Bit of a Muppet
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

weirdo wrote:55 years ago:shock: OMG ...

POXORAPTOR !! ....... UNCLEAN!! ......UNCLEAN!! :yuck:
:lol: :lol:

Think what I felt like, I had to touch it and resist picking the spots!

Just need to figure out where I can get some sort of touch up pen for a few blemishes on the under side, it seems when they are scratched these tanks they are so easy to scrape down to the bare plastic. Theres one or two scrapes hiding where you wouldn't see them on the new one, but I don't want to tempt fate and have another outbreak of the pox, so shall cover up and laquer over them before its put on the bike.

So be warned, I should be down at the Buell do :thumbsup: ......tha won't need a bell to hear me coming Cagiva Girl, kitty is noisy enough :wink:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Bingy_bong
On the Road

Post by Bingy_bong »

Apologies for not being on here for a while :(

Back to the tank, it must be the climate.
Depending on your exact location Dizzyblonde, im only a few miles from skipton and my tank has done exactly the same thing :shock: .
My bike is also sat in a brick built garage, left uncovered ( and unloved :angry: )
With the tank being plastic i thought that the petrol had started to seep through the tank.
I know its not a good thing to say, but im glad i have seen this post.
At least the tank can now just be resprayed once the warmer climates arrives and i dont need to shell out for a new one.
I only popped one blister, before realising it was a bad idea to carry on
I hope you get yours sorted too,
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

Umm…ethanol in fuel rotting tank from inside?? :shock:

Ethanol? ETHANOL??!!
Blasphemy!
[youtube][/youtube]

Just wondering.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Bingy_bong wrote:55 years agoApologies for not being on here for a while :(

Depending on your exact location Dizzyblonde, im only a few miles from skipton and my tank has done exactly the same thing :shock: .
My bike is also sat in a brick built garage, left uncovered ( and unloved :angry: )
With the tank being plastic i thought that the petrol had started to seep through the tank.
At least the tank can now just be resprayed once the warmer climates arrives and i dont need to shell out for a new one.

Well, as previously said, I had another VRaptor in the same place and conditions for a couple of years with no ill effect to it.
It's grim round here, so I built a new big wood workshop 14x14, 7ft highish. Last time I looked a month ago, everything was fine with the new tank I replaced the spotty one with :thumbsup:

As for you Bear....... :lol:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Bingy_bong wrote:55 years agoApologies for not being on here for a while :(

Funnily enough, I live just a few miles from Skipton as well, and my tank has also bubbled a bit in the last 12 months. Only little bubbles though, so I'm not too fussed. Looking at the state of my bike after it's 3rd neglected winter in my possession, the little bubbles are the least of my problems.