Trip Through Europe

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
cF^
On the Road

Trip Through Europe

Post by cF^ »

Just got back from a recent tour of Europe. It took a month in total and was a hoot. So here's a few pics of me and the bike!
Attachments
Atop the Grossglockner
Atop the Grossglockner
IMG_1294.JPG (185.41 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
Beautiful Czech, amazing roads
Beautiful Czech, amazing roads
IMG_1144.JPG (114.66 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
IMG_1129.JPG (161.09 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
snapdragon

Re: Trip Through Europe

Post by snapdragon »

looks lovely :) I'm guessing you weren't camping
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Hah, no. After we found the topbox wouldn't fit we got a kreiga rucksack so the mrs would be at least a little comfy wearing it and packed VERY lightly. Was great, stayed mostly in hostels and B+Bs/Pensions, whatever was cheap really. The tour took us through Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Germany again (german alpinestrasse), Switzerland, France, then a quick stop in Bruges before home.
Sadly the chain died towards the end of the trip forcing us to stop in a garage in Switzerland ($$!!) which scuppered our plan of making it down the Route des Grand Alpes to Nice. Instead we took it slow up through the Vosge in France, which was beautiful and twisty all the same :)
Managed to take it the Grossglockner and the Nockalmstrasse in Austria, great roads and Austria is just stunning :)
Attachments
Looking down the Grossglockner.
Looking down the Grossglockner.
IMG_1297.JPG (134.25 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Excellent trip pics cF^ :thumbsup:

Hows the Rap fairing against the SV? Whats your verdict?
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Bigger n better :)
I do kinda miss whacking open the throttle on the SV and really pushing the bike hard, it's pretty hard to do that on this bike, but the power delivery on this bike is way more exciting :)
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

I'm very jeolous. Having the family means that any European touring would be by car. I wouldn't mind doing that, but spending all my spare cash on the bike means that I can't afford to drive further south than Wolverhampton at the moment.