Help find a stolen KTM SuperDuke

Chat about anything
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Help find a stolen KTM SuperDuke

Post by dizzyblonde »

HELP FIND my dear friends bike. Stolen in the night around 3am from South London. A very distinctive KTM SuperDuke, with the reg HF08 UEL. Its not a standard vehicle, and has some custom features.
He had literally pulled up at home, really needed a pee before locking it up, and it was literally GONE on his return :( Likely to have been loaded in a van, as its got a mighty alarm on it. Not that he holds much hope of it being found, but none the less, somebody somewhere might spot it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 1894_n.jpg

563263_10150663589614135_621884134_9459197_1633481894_n.jpg

I am not only angry at the fact it was stolen, but proper royally peed off that the barstewards probably watched a man who needs to carry a walking stick on his bike, and hobble around with it once off :angry:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
cagiva_girl
On the Road

Re: Help find a stolen KTM SuperDuke

Post by cagiva_girl »

This is not the first time I have heard of this happening - I am always wary of large vehicles following me down my road and have sometimes gone a longer way just to loose them.

Will keep my eyes peeled and really hope he gets it back but there are some really organised gangs around :(
so many roads to travel - so many ways to get lost!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Heard rumours that round Matlock Bath the gangs use refridgerated vans with tail lifts, the insulation deadens the sound of the alarm and the fridge motor drowns out any other noise.. so they can lift a bike and then drive down the main road through Matlock Bath with no-one the wiser, and all this is done in broad daylight.
152/999
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I heard of this too Miz. Friend of mine lives over Driffield way, and was saying about this today. Its a #insert expletive# trick!

CG..... if you remember the photographer fella with the walking stick, who was at every corner, at the AR, it was his pride and joy ;)
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

sickening :(
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Hairy_Mark
Hirsute Maximus Spanner...I do Technical Me ;)

Post by Hairy_Mark »

It's not likely to find its way to Cumbria, but you never know. I've written the reg and model down on a piece of paper that I'll keep in my pocket. What colour is it?

Also, what preference do you have for blunt instruments to be used on the thief, sort of as a re-education program?

Whoever nicked it will probably swap the plates, but you never know. Hope you get it back.
Legal disclaimer :
The author has recently been declared sane.
He thanks Dr Foster for this and hopes his
clothes dry out after the puddle incident.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

The link in my original post is the picture, I couldn't figure out how to post it as the actual picture here.....if anyone can do that for me, it would be nice :)

Its black, Mark, but the fairings are from an earlier model, so have been modified to suit the newer version.

I'd appreciate it, if you could superglue fingers to rear wheel of your choice, and then proceed to do a rolling burn out, or even their ballsack................not blunt, but very effective I would hope :ouch:
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agowheel of your choice, and then proceed to do a rolling burn out, or even their ballsack................not blunt, but very effective I would hope :ouch:

Luv it when you talk dirty DB :lol: !!! :evil:
nil illigitimae carborundum
ColleyV12
On the Road

Post by ColleyV12 »

dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years ago
dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agowheel of your choice, and then proceed to do a rolling burn out, or even their ballsack................not blunt, but very effective I would hope :ouch:

Luv it when you talk dirty DB :lol: !!! :evil:

I see this as acceptable treatment ... be quite a close shave would it not :blink: :mrgreen:

Thanks for doing the pic Colley, I've managed it before, but this one I seem to have gone a bit blonde!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Heard a story a few years ago about "a friend of a friend" who woke up in the early hours and heard noises downstairs, he crept down and found his front room being "inspected" by an intruder, who he grabbed and overpowered, he then bound and gagged the "young lad" put a hood on him and then kept him in the shed for a couple of days, during this time he visited and "discussed" how upset he was that the lad had broken into his house, then once he thought the lesson had been learnt, he took the lad and dumped him out on the moors...

I really do hope the story is true, as it just sounds fair to me..
152/999
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

In this case "fair" is irrelevant....How would your friend's friend feel if his house was on fire the day after the "lesson"?
I mean taking the law on your hands is not the best of ideas, although i admit it is very satisfying...
Like the other guy that threw a big projection machine from the second floor of a cinema on the head of the guy who was trying to pick the lock of his bike.
It's all greek to me....
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Well it would be sure to make the thief jump, when it crashed to the floor.....I'm sure that's all the owner was trying to do.....honest :wink:
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

good luck with finding the bike,and i must admit if i caught someone in the act of stealing my bike,i would prob take the law into my own hands,not ashamed to admit it,
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Yet another stolen, this time in Stanford le Hope. A 1980 Z1000, Reg PUR 79W. Watch out those daaan saaf in Londinium, seems proper jobs are being done at the moment.

Again I can't figure out how to post the pic up directly here, can someone explain, I'm being dozy :blush: