is this right

Chat about anything
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

is this right

Post by tyremuncher »

looking through ebay today and this popped up,surley this cant be right can it,45 quid for fork seals http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _500wt_949
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
Treffynnon
On the Road

Re: is this right

Post by Treffynnon »

If you are asking; am I seeing this correctly? Then the answer is yes.

If you are asking if the price is right then I dunno, but it seemed like a fair price when I listed it given how scarce they were when I went looking for them and what I paid for them.

Were they crappy aftermarket items then the pricing might be a bit different.

I am still looking for the kit in the boxes here hence no photo.
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

blimey ,ive never had to get fork seals as of yet for the rap but they must be good,
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
Treffynnon
On the Road

Post by Treffynnon »

Can't find the kit any where at the moment so I have removed the auction now anyway :) Might turn up when we move house.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:shock: I need fork seal kit, was hoping that it wouldn't be so costly though :( ah well I'll keep looking.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

For Info
On phoning round for the parts, and before buying the two sets of seals seperately from wemoto, I was quoted £81.61 for the fork kit. Assuming this is more than just oil and dust seals, but as I'd already got the oil seals and was gambling on the dust wipers fitting I didn't call them back
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Treffynnon
On the Road

Post by Treffynnon »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoFor Info
On phoning round for the parts, and before buying the two sets of seals seperately from wemoto, I was quoted £81.61 for the fork kit. Assuming this is more than just oil and dust seals, but as I'd already got the oil seals and was gambling on the dust wipers fitting I didn't call them back
That sounds exactly like my experience. I try to avoid using after market engine oil seals though as I find they generally allow oil seep so I hunted down some OEM NOS Marzocchi ones. Still haven't found them by the way!
Treffynnon
On the Road

Post by Treffynnon »

I have found them now that the house packing is well under way. The price marked on the front of the box is £91.46 for those interested. I will be relisting them one ebay once we have moved as I have sold my bike and no longer need them as "spares on tap".