going to sell my baby

Chat about anything
Red Mist
On the Road

Re: going to sell my baby

Post by Red Mist »

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

THE RAPTOR IS STAYING

Brilliant news! When your fairy godmother has finished granting you your wishes, can I borrow her please?
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Most excellent :thumbsup: , not nice having to decide which ones to go!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

This has been the 1st winter off the road for me since starting to ride and with the money i`ve saved not buying petrol and tyres etc i`ve managed to buy the remaining bits to finish the jag restoration and without the temptation to ride the bike and then clean it i`ve managed to get loads done on the jag.The Raptor is now sat with fresh -ish tyres etc just waiting for the good weather.Been raining here all day and tomorrow is set to be the same. :x. Just hoping for some fine or just dry weather for next weekend.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Its the first year (and winter) I've been off riding since six years ago, and its driving me nuts now! One of the SVs is due to run out of tax at the end of the month, and the other is due to come off SORN after a year without her, can't wait to get her back on the road :ride:
Won't be getting my VRap out until its slightly warmer....she might rot otherwise :suspect:

Hasn't saved me a penny, its all gone in the feckin V6 Freelander :x ....and nappies :yuck:
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

dizzyblonde wrote:Its the first year (and winter) I've been off riding since six years ago, and its driving me nuts now! One of the SVs is due to run out of tax at the end of the month, and the other is due to come off SORN after a year without her, can't wait to get her back on the road :ride:
Won't be getting my VRap out until its slightly warmer....she might rot otherwise :suspect:

Hasn't saved me a penny, its all gone in the feckin V6 Freelander :x ....and nappies :yuck:

Aren't you a bit old to be wearing nappies DB? ;-)
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:nerner: Cheeky sod DD, did you not know Suzuki made gel seats out of them, bloody terrible design! :roll:
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

There's been a few too many pics of nice shiny Raptors round here just recently. Here's what one looks like after a 100 miles riding during one of our wonderful Winters!!

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/ ... .jpg[/img]

It was clean before I set off, honest. Sadly, it may never recover. The jet-wash wasn't working when I got back due to the sub-zero temperatures, so it just got a bucket of water thrown over it and then wheeled in to the shed when I got home.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

There`s something about a dirty bike after a good journey that satisfies me and shows others that you`re a biker and not a poser with a bike 8) :thumbsup: .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

OMG! :shock:
Looks like mine did when we had rain during a dust storm... it was raining mud!
I was riding home in the dark and couldn't work out why I couldn't keep my visor clear.
It took about 4 hours to get the bike clean again. :nod:

We have an unfair advantage in this part of the colonies.
No salted roads in the winter and (usually) sod all rain.
Until a couple of years ago I commuted daily on either the Raptor or the Ducati and didn't own any wet weather gear at all.
Now I commute on a pushbike... and carry a towel :lol:
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

yup pretty much looked the SV last week after a 15 mile trip. Just couldn't put it away like that....it might have spread like some disease all over my other bikes :shock: