Insurance / Spares paranoia

Chat about anything
cgrigson
On the Road

Insurance / Spares paranoia

Post by cgrigson »

Hi all,
What happened to all the Raptor spares when Cagiva sold MV to Harley? Ducati have all the old Morini spares which makes little sense, you never know what's going to happen! Given the cost and lousyness of insurance for the Xtra perhaps it's time to start stock piling bodywork in case it gets ¨lost¨ like so much Morini stuff did.

Talking of insurance has anyone in the uk managed to get good value insurance with things like an agreed value? We went for third party fire and theft as a stop gap when it became clear that the very expensive comprehensive on offer wasn't worth the paper it was written on. A £400 excess and only discretionary right to buy back salvage in case of a write off make the stock piling venture above a cheaper and better option.

Cheers

Chris
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I'm insuring with Carole Nash and have had good service from them - although haven't claimed a couple of times when I could have done. I've always had comprehensive, currently have the Raptor on a multi bike policy.

Spares is like rosebuds - gather them whilst ye may ;)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Insured with Hastings,TPFT for £66.70 8) :D
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

im with quinn direct 300 quid fully comp.... which is quite cheap
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
Leeboy
On the Road

Post by Leeboy »

£135 fully comp!!!!!
went through gocompare.com
Live long and prosper
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

I'm with some cowboy bunch and it's £466 fully comp.. passed test in Jan and bought a rap staright away...

No no claims bonus as it was before my scooter insurance ran out.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Mines a bit complicated cos of more than one bike but about £280 fully come for 2 bikes.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I now look upon my insurance premium as written proof that i am now AN OLD GIT ! :o .
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

AZ wrote:I now look upon my insurance premium as written proof that i am now AN OLD GIT ! :o .
:lol:
me too, £180 for three bikes
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I am paying £120 fully comp with full NCB protected. Thats with A Quote. Not had to claim from them yet so have no idea what the service will be like :roll:
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
fatfingers73
On the Road

Post by fatfingers73 »

My best quote was £46 TPF&T with swintons.

Plus £35 cashback through quidco.

So £11 total for a years insurance :D :D :D

Beat that!!!
cgrigson
On the Road

Re: Insurance / Spares paranoia

Post by cgrigson »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the replies and sorry for not responding sooner but it took until last week to sort out insurance. I checked out all manner of insurance companies and ended up with the two raps both insured on Equity Red Star and both with two riders (36 & 40yrs). I couldn't get comprehensive insurance for the '05 Xtra raptor that was worth the paper it was written on due to enormous excesses like 700GBP so I gave up and got TPF+T for 210GPB. I can always buy the vulnerable spares with the money I save. This wasn't good but hey. The stadard '03 1000 Raptor I insured with Lynbrook on a classic policy with 5 other bikes for 340GBP with a 50GBP excess, a self repair option and the classics have agreed value!

I really wanted to avoid the dreaded ownership conflict thingy that happens in the UK where by submitting the crashed bike for assesment you can effectively surrender ownership BEFORE you know if they're going to write it off or not. I've known people have to ask friends to buy their bikes back from ebay auctions because of this little doozy. Some of the prices you guys are getting are amazing... I will certainly check out your recommendadions for next year.

Ride safe

Chris