I'll get these you just sit and listen

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
zebedee
On the Road

I'll get these you just sit and listen

Post by zebedee »

Right who's havin what?My round again in celebration of new found spannery prowess.
I shall have a Magners to start.

So fork seals are now done. I did make use of the Cagiva book of Lies again but they're done now. The only bit of advice I could really off that is useful is, where the BOL says undo the top of the fork caps. You really need to loosen them before you take them out of the headstock or they just spin the top of the forks round and, much as I have a pretty good grip, there was no way I was gonna hang on to the shiny forks enough.

Anyhoo all done now, all back together. Fitted Oxford Oximser leads (had since crimbo) and battery now being cosseted ready for when I want to go out. At last she is ready for some actual riding. Only trouble is i noticed that the front brake caliper unions are starting to rust so new brake lines next. Also the chrome thin pipe doohicky that comes from the front round the side (oil pipe?) also a bit corroded so I need to find out what it is and get another one.

Nonetheless everyone on here was helpful as usual and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. The actual changing of the seals was easy peasy it was the other bits that were annoying.

I did find someone good for stainless nuts and bolts though (replaced all the ones in the forks and the headstock as they were a bit manky).

www.custom-fasteners.co.uk. Jolly helpful chaps and 8 stainless ones cost me £3.56. Not bad as probolt wanted £2.62 each!

So my round again I guess anyone fancy a short to get things tingly

Z
live long and prosper earthmen
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

go on then mines a southern comfort how much did you pay for the oilseals in the end :?:
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Hi, too early for me to start yet, but I could have a Speckled Hen on your tab :D

The chrome pipe is part of the PAIRS system, lets air into the exhaust port on overrun to help with emission levels, it can be removed and blanked off (the whole system not just the front pipe).

Miz.
152/999
zebedee
On the Road

seals

Post by zebedee »

The seals were £6.72. So a lot better than the flippin £94. I would love to know what that kit included though.

Speckled hen on the tab it is and a Southern comfort coming up
live long and prosper earthmen