Hello!

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
cgrigson
On the Road

Hello!

Post by cgrigson »

Hi,
I've been looking at Raptors for a while and now have an excuse to buy one as my better half is looking for something with better brakes, gearbox and engine than her usual ride - a Morini 3.5. Classics are fun but there's times when you should be concentrating on the road rather than the bike! I've had a go on the 650 and 1K SVs and was well impressed with the 1K engine but not its riding position. The SV's looks just don't do it for me and I can't bring myself to buy a UJM machine after 16 years with Italian machinery.

What should I pay for one and more importantly what faults should I look out for? We've been to see a couple of machines including a rather corroded but low mileage V-raptor in Staffordshire for 2.4Kpounds. With white beard growing from the the bottom of the forks where the chrome meets the alloy and rusty oil cooler I wasn't keen but it was showing signs of poor storage rather than abuse and only 3Kmiles or so. Maybe someone here has something better on offer....

Thanks for your help

Chris
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome!

You have come to the right place and (predictably) I think a raptor would be a good alternative to the 3.5!

Not sure who is still selling here at the moment... but those who are will undoubtedly wave a paw soon!

Sheb
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in - I'd agree that bad storage seems to be the problem with the V that you saw - what a shame that it hasn't been ridden.
low mileage is no match for regular riding and maintenance in my book :D

best of good fortune in your quest 8)
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>