Screens - Which one do you have or recommend?

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Brendan1983
On the Road

Screens - Which one do you have or recommend?

Post by Brendan1983 »

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a good small screen for my Raptor, when I bought the bike it had a huge screen fitted which just had to go as it was so ugly.

This being my first quick naked bike (Previously had sports or touring bikes) I find that long trips on the motorway a little tiring due to the wind... I guess I could ride slower but I'd rather not :)

So can anyone recommend a good small screen? I have only really found one that I like but it's a touch expensive at £105! (Below)

Thanks

RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

I've got a Powerbronze on my 1000, which i picked up off ebay for about £30.00 its not too tall and does the job lovely.
mandie

Post by mandie »

Hi Brendan..

I have found it hard to get a nice screen that does not look too stupid.. so my thoughts was get an SV nose cone and cut it out to fit.. and then get an SV double bubble what you guys think?? cause for me coming form a faired bike to a naked one is killing me in the wind.. and on the motorway!
oldlongdog
On the Road

Post by oldlongdog »

Hi, I just bought at Givi A240A which has been a great success so far. I have posted a new topic in the General Technical area (not sure how to make a link to it here...) with pics and a description of how to put it on etc.

Here's a pic to be getting on with, though... :wink:

Get on with it before you die (or the law catches up with you)...
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

oldlongdog wrote:55 years agoHi, I just bought at Givi A240A which has been a great success so far. I have posted a new topic in the General Technical area (not sure how to make a link to it here...
Link to screen post and pics
link is like adding a pic oldlongdog - but using the URL button, you get the option to give it a title (as above) or just the URL of the other post
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Does anyone have a different screen on the raptor 650 with the fairing thingy still on? or do you have to take it off?? cause my standard screen (if you can call it that) has cracked where it is bolted on hahaha
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
oldlongdog
On the Road

Post by oldlongdog »

Hi Mandie. I guess you'd have to take the "fairing thingy" off. Mine didn't have one (because it's so old - well, 2002 anyway) and I think the headlamp thingy on yours may be a slightly different shape, but the principle's going to be the same.

I found this pic on the web of someone else's late model Raptor with a replacement screen. I hope it helps. ':roll:'

With the Givi screen it really is just a case of undoing the headlight bolts and sticking it on! Here's a topic I did a few months back on the Givi A240A

http://raptors.ukbikeforum.co.uk/templa ... folder.gif
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

huummm.. I went to look at a 1000 with my other half at this shop other day.. and this 1000 had a massive screen with a fairing piece on it..

It is a givi screen but no idea where the fairing has come from.. its perfect.. huumm
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
oldlongdog
On the Road

Post by oldlongdog »

Yo, Mandie - sounds like yur lookin' fo' a HOG! Well, we've had the wet t-shirt pic - is it leather and tassels next? :o

Here's a link to Givi's website; I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there. http://www.givi.co.uk/caschi_borse_baul ... 25&lang=en

Right, I'm off to confession as I've been thinking about tassels too much... :shock:
oldlongdog
On the Road

Post by oldlongdog »

OK, just realised that the link I gave in the reply one obove the last was to the little symbol on my other article (Givi A240A screen) and not the article itself - gnaaarrrgggghhhh :oops:

So here is the proper link...

http://raptors.ukbikeforum.co.uk/viewto ... b3d8492ebd
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

oldlongdog wrote:55 years agoYo, Mandie - sounds like yur lookin' fo' a HOG! Well, we've had the wet t-shirt pic - is it leather and tassels next? :o

Here's a link to Givi's website; I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there. http://www.givi.co.uk/caschi_borse_baul ... 25&lang=en

Right, I'm off to confession as I've been thinking about tassels too much... :shock:
ahhahahahaha tassels... huumm might have to look at that hehehe

Yeh have seen that post.. i did have a search on the Givi web site.. and saw the screen.. the only bit im confused about on the 1000 was it had fairing as well.. which looked like it was supposed to be like that.. will try and post a piccy...
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

and here is the pic you have been waiting for hahahahah!!!

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330 ... assels.jpg
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie