Bugger!.....

Chat about anything
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Thanks JL, I'll look into that.
They are a pretty good crew at Staintune (have 'em on the Rap too).

It'll be a while before I can do anything that costs $$, but in the meantime she's still rideable and then there's always the Rap to play with 8)

It's magpie swooping season here at the moment and I am thinking that the Doc may have been wise when trying (and failing) to ban me from the pushbike until the broken collar bone and rib are healed (8 weeks!).
Well... I did stay off it for a week :lol: but I'm not yet game to tackle the weight of a motorcycle.... soon... real soon 8)

Keep the shiny side down,
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

hey Runs - up here in the northern hemisphere we try to keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down :lol:

take it steady with the cycle - they're damm quick down the hills :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Ahhh..... there's my problem!
Oops :oops:
Trying to park the Ducati like in my avatar... hmmmm

60+ km/h on a pushy seems so damn fast when you consider the lack of leathers etc.
Pitching off that thing at speed.... brrrr... doesn't bear thinking of :shock:

I peddled past the pushbike shop yesterday.... wandered in to say G'day... was greeted with pointing and a chorus of "You're not supposed to be riding!" :oops:
Not sure if they were actually interested in my welfare or if they were looking forward to not seeing me in lycra for a while :lol:

As you were :wink:
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
oldlongdog
On the Road

Post by oldlongdog »

Hey Runs - funny old world! About a week after my last post to you I had a tractor pull out on me and I busted two ribs when I came off (the front tyre hit a patch of 'stuff'). My method for avoiding these things is seriously flawed; I spotted him early on, rolled off the throttle, covered the brakes and watched him stop - then he pulled out! I was only doing 20mph by then but there was only about 20 yards to go as well. Broad daylight, bright day, dry conditions, I had my light on and I'm 6'4" with a bright red jacket on! I asked him what happened - "I didn't see you", he says...

Still, I had all the right gear on and apart from the ribs (and a punctured lung) I'm fine. I'm annoyed but fine. The Rapture has all the usual broken levers and bent bars but is in good enough shape. His insurance are paying for the lot and I'm going to fix her up and get back on as soon as poss.

The worst thing about broken ribs is all the humour one's mates insist on cracking around you. First week even the mildly funny stuff was painful but it's a lot better now - 'really quite funny' jokes hardly hurt at all!

Hope it's going all right with the Pantah - you've got to keep going with it. It's such a fab bike!

Cheers!
Get on with it before you die (or the law catches up with you)...