Raptor Silver Dogo

Chat about anything
zorro
On the Road

Raptor Silver Dogo

Post by zorro »

Found a few pics of my beloved Rap so thought I'd share, carbon stuff to come.
Front forks:Ohlins springs and re-valved, Sprint steering damper, Leo Vince pipes, "home made"s/s radiator cover, "home made"oil filter cover, chopped rear fender, mini indicators.
[/img]Image
Rifleman clear clutch cover, "home made"frame sliders, "home made"air intakes as well as air box lid cutout, TRE, "home made"aluminium rear hugger with Raptor decals, Buell XB12S footpegs, "home made" 6 mm alloy tail raiser, Brembo wheel stickers.
Image[/img]
Pro-taper low alloy bars, Road Racing billet alloy mirrors, "home made" aluminium radiator side covers.
Image[/img]

Regards, zorro 8)
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi Zorro,

Where did you get the steering dampner? What brand is it?

Whats the stuff you have on the side of the petrol tank? The black strips.

Where did you get those foot pegs from? I see that they sit lower than usual, is it for comfort.

You bike looks great. Love the clear engine case too
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
Slob
On the Road

Raptor Mirrors

Post by Slob »

G'day Zorro
Love your bike. Real nice bit of kit you've got yourself. Well done!
Where did you get the mirrors? I've been wanting to get rid of my "Mickey Mouse ears" for a while. I reckon the ones you have are the go.
Cheers
Slob
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi Zane,

Streering Damper brand is Sprint from Austreetfighters, didn't really need one even though raising rear 15mm and dropping front 10mm, having forks up-graded eliminated any possibity of head-shake.

50mm velcro strips (the soft part) silicond onto tank, I like to "grip" the tank with my legs.
Buell XB12S or XB9S footpegs, only about 60 clams from Peter Stevens, about 25mm lower and 25mm rearward, have to file about 1mm off to fit. I'm tall so little extra leg room helps, if you're a hard core rider they may scrape.
Clear clutch cover is by Rifleman (Double Z Racing) I just bought the components rather than send the cover to the USA, like anything not hard to do if you have the right tools and I like doing stuff like this. Not as blingtaskic as Vandrivers billet cover and pressure plate (see TL MONKEY'S pics) but for 45 clams delivered, not bad.

Finally thanks for the compliment, getting there slowly, funny thing it gets more attention when we park than my sons Monster SR4 at twice the price :lol:

Regards zorro 8)
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi Slob,

Bought those mirrors from Casoli Moto in Sydney $330, not sure if they're there anymore, check out Austreetfighters site they have some tasty Oberon bar end mirrors for around 160 clams if not then check out Zane's Rap, think they're either Brutale or Benelli, look pretty slick too.

Regards, zorro 8)
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

oi zorro,

the bike looks great man! 8) 8)

cheers, jan
bikeron
On the Road

Post by bikeron »

Sorry to see the photo's are gone with the wind :(

Any chance to repost them :?:

greetz
bikeron

4 wheels are 2 to many
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Sorry bikeron I don't know why the pics have been zapped, maybe cos they were too big for 56k dial-up users, I simply overlooked this when originally posting them. Actually I tried to upload a quite funny bike related video today but no go, seems I'm being blocked or whatever the correct technical term is, such is life.

Regards, zorro 8)