Oil Filter and C&S's

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
Lyceum
On the Road

Oil Filter and C&S's

Post by Lyceum »

Hey all.

I have a nagging suspicion that 3x motorcycles have never changed the oil, or at least not for a long time, since I bought the bike at 4700 miles. It certainly looks dirty through the level sight. So thought I better do it before I use the bike a lot more as the weather gets better.

What oil does everyone use? Should any Suzuki SV650 filter fit?

Also, as many have found, some of the original chains are made of cheese. Mine is pretty much as stretched as its ever going to be and the transmission feels loose in the first two gears so i'm a bit worried about it.

Can anyone recommend a good chain and sprocket set from somewhere? I understand an x-ring type would be best.

I'm mechanically incompetent so will have to pay a garage to fit them for me.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.

Tom
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

hi Tom,

any SV650 filter will do just fine 8)

get a good X-ring chain (DID, dynachains, or something else...), and steel sprockets. They will last the longest.

cheers,
Jan
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

You can get a quality chain and sprocket set online
http://www.te-motorcyclespares.co.uk/Ch ... AppCag.asp these guys list for both 650 and 1000 Raptors

If you can get this far Ancient does my chain and sprocks and isn't expensive, (and I'm sure he'd love to see a different Raptor)

Crescent Suzuki at verwood might be a better bet than 3x, or I hear of a place called 'Two wheel technics' ? I think thats in the Three Legged Cross area
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>