The rusty work hoss.

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
Craigfell
On the Road

Re: The rusty work hoss.

Post by Craigfell »

sidrat wrote: 3 years ago you can always replace the cover with an aluminium Suzuki cover
I read online that they only introduced aluminium covers in later SV/DL models & the bolt holes are slightly different.. :shock:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Just a follow-up to my comment on Craig's bubble-blowing clutch cover. There's a slightly shabby* Raptor 1K on ebay.uk now that apparently has an engine breather connected to that cover, suggesting that excessive crankcase pressure may be an issue on these engines. Anyone come across that?

And another ebay item of interest: the comment of an ebay seller of an old 2T 521 model which had no documents or registration who said the VIN number should be traceable by the Cagiva Owners Club. Perhaps he just assumed there was one, or have I missed out on finding a forum that dealt with all my assorted products of the Varese factory?

*Apologies if the owner of that bike is here with us! :lol:

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

No owners club i am aware of, a quick google came up with various sites most of which have even less traffic than we do. But hopefully someone is better informed than i am x
Twisted Tequila Sister
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

nickst4 wrote: 3 years ago Just a follow-up to my comment on Craig's bubble-blowing clutch cover. There's a slightly shabby* Raptor 1K on ebay.uk now that apparently has an engine breather connected to that cover, suggesting that excessive crankcase pressure may be an issue on these engines. Anyone come across that?
I've seen this, i spent alot of time google'in TL1000 crankcase pressure & TL1000 Oil breather, some stuff was interesting, but it's hard to sieve through the bullshit.. some say the TL has too much pressure, some say it's a Vtwin and it needs that much, some saying the engine runs free & better with no pressure, but why wouldn't suzuki make it that way anwway? Everyone's got their own opinion, some are right and some are wrong.
Mine? I don't care i just wanted to stop the oil leak :nod:

I also Wonder if mine is worth that :suspect: (with a bodged front pot exhaust, bad paint, rear fairings missing, corroded front forks, crappy looking engine paint ect ect i could go on for days.

Also, fixed my leak with RTV silicone, left it for 4 days to set, smoking on start up has calmed right down but i'm using the bike daily again.. so maybe its to do with it being stood.

PS. i Joined this group because its the only one i could find :thumbsup:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Craigfell wrote: 3 years ago PS. i Joined this group because its the only one i could find :thumbsup:
And very pleased we are to have you with us! (Sorry if that sounds more proprietorial than intended). Your exploits to reinvigorate your bike are fascinating, if they do give me the shivers! :shock:

Nick
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

I have listed this for sale.

£1395.

I am still using it, but i fancy something more modern that i wont be worried about every noise it makes.

The rear brake sticking on the other night pretty much made this decision for me.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Well, you've given your old Raptor every opportunity to shine and I, for one, have been impressed by your dedication. :nod: There do seem to be decent examples out there still but maybe enough is enough? What might you go for instead?

Nick
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

I'm not too sure nick, I do like the look of the triumph speed triple 675, but ill probably just sit on the cash and wait for a Christmas bargain.
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

It knows.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

That bike is cursed! Or it has dry rot. I reckon a previous owner used to hose it down with sea water... :shock:

Nick
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

Fitted a zx6r clutch perch. It's on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164391196913
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Craigfell wrote: 3 years ago Fitted a zx6r clutch perch. It's on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164391196913
Some weird stuff turning up in the Cagiva lists on ebay: a GSXR 750 Suzy, no less, but the seller's name is awfully familiar. You having a clearout, Craig?

Nick
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

Just a bit bored of everything at the minute nick.

Cagiva sold last night to a local lad, No idea if he'll keep a record of what's going on with it on here.
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Keep your chin up, Matey! I hope something with two wheels hits the spot soon. :thumbsup:

Nick
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

Call from the new owner yesterday.

He's binned it.

The End.