New bike.

Somewhere for you to post your piccies of you and your bikes
raptor996
On the Road

New bike.

Post by raptor996 »

And now for something completely different as monty python used to say, yes I’ve traded in the the Raptor & now have a bmw 1150gs. I will see how things go, it’s definitely not as light as the Raptor but does soak up the bumpy roads better.[imgImage][/img]
nickst4
On the Road

Re: New bike.

Post by nickst4 »

Cor, strewth! Your Raptor was the one that brought me here, (thanks for the test-ride!) but I don't think a BM GS would ever make it into my garage on size alone, never mind the aesthetics :? . However, never say never, so let us know how you get on and I'll sponsor your continued presence on this list!

Cheers,

Nick in Norfolk
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Cheers Nick. I may venture your way one day & you can check her out. :ride:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:shock: now that’s a change :shock: my feet wouldn’t touch the ground I suspect :woot:

Do stay here and tell us all about it :revrev:
Twisted Tequila Sister
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

I did have to adjust the seat to it’s lowest setting! & take some preload off the springs, so it’s now balls of my feet manageable.
I will keep you posted on my progress, l ain’t leaving the chapter yet! not after 8 years :D
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Best of luck with the BM, nice bike but I, along with many raptor owners, tend to be shortarses (which is why they went for the rap in the first place!) so a GS is pretty impractical for many due to height.
I had a Pegaso 650ie many years ago and that was always a challenge and much smaller and lower and narrower than a GS!
nil illigitimae carborundum