Chain and sprocket

Buy or sell it here.
Please note that due to abuse by commercial traders and spammers/trolls New members of the chapter are unable to post in this section until they have made 5 posts elsewhere.... sorry ... see you in the Bar?
Xavz
On the Road

Chain and sprocket

Post by Xavz »

Looks like i needs new chain and sprockets. Read previous posts of the issues with the rear hanger but found these in the uk on ebay was wondering if anyone had any info and anyone tried a different tooth set up rather than the standard 16/42 i think it is with 530 chain?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2313980165

Thanks
:ride: :ride: Go Big or Go Home :ride: :ride:
nickst4
On the Road

Re: Chain and sprocket

Post by nickst4 »

I know nuffing about sprockets, chain and gearing for the Raptor 1K but I can certainly recommend Bike Torque Racing (your ebay ref) as sellers of quality stuff, if that helps. They supplied the Matris suspension for my bike. Definitely don't go for anything less than good steel for the sprockets on a bike with so much torque! :nod:

Nick
Xavz
On the Road

Post by Xavz »

Thanks for the recommend
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I'd also be interested if anyone else has changed gearing, especially to raise it a little to allow easier motorway cruising. From what I remember 85/90 is around a lofty 6k - but there again it'd probably lose that jolly snap when errr, pressing on in 3rd.

BTW I've always used Renthal aluminium sprockets and have never had any wear issues with them. I notice these guys, who I normally order a chain/sprocket set from, are offering bespoke different sized rear sprockets for the raptor. 43 to 29 (eek) teeth but with a 28 day delivery mind. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renthal-Spec ... :rk:2:pf:0

I'm sure you're aware but the Raptor rear sprocket is an odd size & the Hayabusa one, that some try to palm you off with, won't fit - Renthal code 426-530 (and from another thread 121 mm internal size.)
Xavz
On the Road

Post by Xavz »

I eventually sorted this as went to sea and had the sprockets and chain delivered while i was away.. Had a bike accident on another bike when i got back a couple of months ago and only recently been able to get this sorted but the link i put up are a perfect fit.

Now on to the next problem!!