2 into 1 exhaust

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
1add2
On the Road

2 into 1 exhaust

Post by 1add2 »

has anyone fitted/made a 2 into 1 exhaust to their vrap?
i was thinking about making one and need to know about peoples thoughts, experiances , problems ,sucesses
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: 2 into 1 exhaust

Post by Crap Tartan »

Have you seen many examples of big v-twins with 2-1 exhausts?

do a bit of research and you will see why......................
nil illigitimae carborundum
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

i have had a quick look about and found this http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/art/s ... S-Dyno.gif
is this BS?
could you point me in the why it should not be done direction?
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

It wont let me use that link.

There is so much physics and gas/sound flow to be considered that, whilst it can and is done by race setc to get the best top-end from the engine is loses it in the midrange and is very complicated to match both cylinders so the exhaust pulses from each work together when they hit the exhaust (can) part.

Bottom line, its expensive to make a 2-1 work for a big v-twin without trashing the mid range which is what big v-twins are all about!

If it was easy and cheap all the aftermarket exhaust companies would be selling them, yes?

You can buy them for tuned Harley`s but they are race developed and damn expensive!
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

the link was for M4 sv1000 exhaust power/torque curve. try this one http://www.m4exhaust.com/products/suzuk ... 0-2004.htm
i think i am having second thoughts now
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

if you fancy it why not but it wont be cheap thats for sure.

Looked at the dyno readings on that site and the SV has a big bag o shit in the mid range as expected!

But its probably great at the top end so if yer a racer......................
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

i noticed there was no graph below about 3200 rpm
how does this compare to a standard tuned rap?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

If you like the looks of a 2-1 go ahead , a bit more weight savings as well . I had a 2-1 3/4 system on my sv1000n , sounded pretty good wot and some weight savings, didnt really notice any more hp and that was with pc and filter. Top end certainly felt better. Now i also had a tl with a ful 2-1 custom system , after dyno the bike made 114 rwhp which is about right but torque (59nm)was way down and i put it down to the system. Another sv1000s i fitted a full ti 2-2 system, with airbox mod , filter and pc3 it transformed the bike, mid range was awesome. Just my experiences i thought i would share.
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

thanks to everyone for the comments , the loss of low end grunt when fitting a 2-1 is something i can do without
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Zard are advertising their 2-1 exhausts for Ducatis at the moment. Don't know how performance is affected but they look really good.
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

I'm guessing that this is mostly a size issue?
SV650s have 2 into 1 but not SV1000. The smaller engine presumably not being as restricted.
Aprilia managed it on some of the RSVs but it looked like a double size end can and wasn't particularly attractive IMHO.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I had yosh 2-1 on my sv, they sounded very nice. Being m4 or yosh if you can still get them i would say go for it but i would be careful with anything thats backyard modified as you might find yourself going backwards :D