Ride height kits

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Miz
On the Road

Ride height kits

Post by Miz »

Hi,

does anyone have a ride height kit lying about in the shed, or have the time to do an accurate drawing of one :?: :?:
Raptoraniac
On the Road

ride height kit

Post by Raptoraniac »

hi,

just bought one on the net, check out www.bikefarmmv.de , site is also in english. got it in the mail within a week for less then 50 euro.only one downside: no instructions .
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

oooh interesting stuff Raptoraniac :D

Thanks and welcome! 8)
ayuluv
On the Road

Post by ayuluv »

hi.. may i noe besides bikefarm.. any other online sites where i can get a tail riser from?

thnx
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

I apologize in advance... but what is a ride height adjuster? I assume you can make the bike higher or lower, how is it different to doing things like dropping forks or shorter shocks? Are there any disadvantages to it???
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!
Raptoraniac
On the Road

Post by Raptoraniac »

Hi,
Indeed, it's a metal piece to change the height of the bike.under the rear spring you can see it on the left and one on the right.It's possible to take the standard ones out and change it with bigger ones so the tail of the bike will rise a bit higher.Mine gives me an extra 3cm of height. On the site i bought it they explane the bennefits,however the local cagiva dealer here says it's only improving the looks and not the performance.
catch ya later,
BARNAB

Post by BARNAB »

hi falks :P

i bought specific triangles from bikefarm 3 weeks ago, i choose the ones that raise the back around 35 mm.
beautiful stuff, very weel done, quick shipping but no notice...
anyway not so difficult to fit on the bike.
very intersting to rigidify handling at medium or high speed on unperfect coating.
it also gives to the bike a dynami look
i really feel more confident on angle, and sport driving is therefore much more enthousiastic !
:mrgreen:

barnab
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome Barnab :D

craftycat - the triangles are to raise the rear ride height and move the weight forward for quicker turning (as if the Raptor needed that!!!) also easier for taller riders - which is not me :?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

Post by craftycat »

Nor me!!! Which is obviously why I don't know about them.. I spend all my time trying to make a bike lower so that I can at least touch the ground!! And yes, like you say... a raptor certainly has no problem going round corners! :D
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

hey miz,

i have two adpater plates lying around in the garage, but i couldn't fit them on my V-rap (with rebuilt stock shock with hyperpro spring).

maybe it works on a stock spring i dunno, i got them from cavia, a dutch member.

he has got a normal rap though, and i've got a V-rap, maybe there's a difference after all?

you can have 'em like that, no probs. :) i will throw them in the box together with the clocks. You can try them out and see if they fit.

cheers, jan
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

seems the plates are going places they never did when they were on the bike!! :P :P :P
No bike is ever finished!
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

How about a 'sticky' for good instructions how to make and or fit these plates........its the best mod you can do and cheap
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

If you wanna make your own plates this is what I did

If you take the plates out and put them on your bench (table) at the same angle as they are on the bike, just get some cardboard and trace the plate out including the holes, move your plate away, mark the shock absorber hole directly up 10mm from original (I went 10mm and it works well but others have done more but i dont know if they had to modify their kickstand so the thing wont fall over or carry a spacer with them everywhere, my seat height is now 800mm not 770mm) Then cut a similar shape to the original plate on your cardboard and cut it out of the same thickness (I actually used 6mm plate not 5mm and didn't need longer bolts) high grade aluminium (dont worry about the cutout shape in the middle of the plate) drill your holes and whack em back in and enjoy the new lean of your machine just sitting there before you have even ridden it. Or take your cardboard template to any metal shop and there apprentice can do it.
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi

Here's a drawing of the triangles I made and now use on my rap 1000
I think these should fit a V- rap too ( better try with cardboard first)
the "A- hole" :lol: :lol: goes on the swingarm
"S" on the shock
"L" to the dog bone link
The holes are 10 mm
I made it out of 5 mm aluminium plate.
Above is the original triangle so you can compare
click to enlarge
No bike is ever finished!
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

Hmm. I made mine with cardboard first.. but as soon as it rained they collapsed! :lol: