On the Road
Facebook address thingy: kev rodgers

PC 3 required?

Post by kevrodgers »

Hi all
Does anyone have a PC 3 for sale?
Rap thou wont fuel correctly, TPS set, Yoshi box wont do? running out of ideas

thanks Kev
Last edited by kevrodgers on |May 2nd, 2018|, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiFi
On the Road

Re: PC 3 required?

Post by HiFi »

On the Fowie Fest thread it says Martin (Crap Tartan) is in hospital after a triple heart bypass. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery Martin! Info on his black boxes in in this thread but it's a long one:
http://www.raptorchapter.org.uk/viewtop ... =11&t=3790
kevrodgers
On the Road

Post by kevrodgers »

Thank you for the response
Hope Martin recovers soon :(
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

I've just read the TPS Reset thread through and the basics of it seem pretty simple. I've also got a dose of the 3000rpms and am going to give it a go over the next week or so.

What you need to do is locate the ECU at the rear of the bike under the seat. It has two connectors, on the connector nearest the front of the bike locate the brown/black wire and the brown/purple wire (brown is the predominant colour). The idea is to short these two wires with a resistor in parallel with the wiring so that the ECU thinks the bike is running hotter than it actually is. This switches it to the lean map much earlier and makes it happy throughout the rev range.

Martin used a variable resistor so the value of the resistance could be tweaked but it looks like a fixed resistor of 500 ohm half watt will do nicely. AndyBaggies used a 750 ohm resistor instead to reduce the effect slightly. Martin also used a switch to remove the resistor from the circuit and put it back to normal for easier starting and when stopped in traffic if the temperature starts to soar.

So all you need to do is use quick splice crimp terminals to run wires from the ones mentioned up to a switch and resistor mounted up on the bars somewhere, possibly in a little waterproof box.
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

I should add that the first post of this thread had mention of Martin's 300rpm "black box" that has since been edited out (in case you were wondering why it went massively off topic).
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:derail: Off topic is the way Raptor riders think! :focus: :woot:
Twisted Tequila Sister
kevrodgers
On the Road

Post by kevrodgers »

Thank you HiFi
Much appreciated for the info,
I removed the request for Martins box of tricks as I thought it was insensitive considering :(
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

So all you need to do is use quick splice crimp terminals
Perhaps because I use the bike as my daily it didn't take long for the quick splice crimp terminals to fail to provide a decent contact. If I remember correctly the wire broke. So I did what I should have done in the first place and made a heat shrunk protected soldered joint.
kevrodgers
On the Road

Post by kevrodgers »

Found a used PC 3 (TL1000S) for sale at reasonable price :D its on its way,
bike booked in for dyno testing and fitting at BSD performance Peterborough :revrev: