Bhp increase

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Limmy
On the Road

Bhp increase

Post by Limmy »

Hi guys looking to fit a dynojet power commander and a christie tre just wanted to know if anyone knew what power increases I would see
weirdo
On the Road

Re: Bhp increase

Post by weirdo »

Not much unless you fit some stonkin' pipes and decent breathing mods to go with 'em I'm afraid.
Standard cans are very restrictive and weigh the same as a small trawler.
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
TLPower
On the Road

Post by TLPower »

The power commander will improve "rideability" of your bike on it's own. The extra grunt comes from ditching the restrictions in the air box and exhaust system. Different dynos will give different power outputs, it's only a number! The feeling from your backside dyno will tell you the increase......

These are fabulous engines, modding them is addictive. You have been warned......
Limmy
On the Road

Post by Limmy »

Hi guys I have a k&n and some very loud cans. Choose not to do the air mod bcos weren't on the benefits and thiught it looked a bit daft
xraptor8
On the Road

Post by xraptor8 »

I fitted MTC cans as the stock pipes got trashed after being knocked off in 2011. They fitted a Power Commander 3 so the new pipes were compatible with the fuel system. It was dyno'd and I gained around 6 BHP, but this only shows at higher speeds. An estimated top speed of 162 was shown on the graph, but I have lost a little bit of bottom end grunt in the process- but it's marginal.
'Bubs'.

Xtra Raptor 239 of 999