End of an era ...

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

End of an era ...

Post by shebee »

After 17 odd years my raptor has got to go after xmas (hopefully to someone who will clean her more often!)

As some of you know i have stuffed legs and 2 years after a new knee I still only have about a 50 mile each way range on the raptor and naproxin is required to be able to walk next day.

The plan is to go over to the dark side and get a Ducati scrambler as the better bum to foot position gives me at least twice the range as proven on a recent long test ride.

It wont make any difference to the running of the chapter for the foreseeable future :woot:

So if anyone wants a used and slightly scruffy , but not as bad as the rusty work hos!, bog stock 2000 red raptor pm me and we can discuss. I really want it to go to someone from here who will appreciate it (or the spares!?) after all i have a lot of history with this bike.

Its a hard choice to make but it’s time for her to go to a home where she will be ridden!

:( :wavesad:
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Re: End of an era ...

Post by nickst4 »

Shebee, my dear, a bit of info that has come to my attention in recent weeks: with at least the 650ie Raptors, Cagiva lowered the footrest position significantly! The footrest hanger casting appears identical to the one on the 1K but is modified in the mold by at least half an inch, such that one's knee angle is appreciably less extreme. Might not be enough for your bones, of course. I've also seen lowering footrest mounts suitable for Raptors on ebay, though they are fairly pricey.

Nick

PS There is a decent 650ie going cheap on ebay right now! They are few and far between otherwise...
Aussiejoe
On the Road

Post by Aussiejoe »

nickst4 wrote: 4 years ago The footrest hanger casting appears identical to the one on the 1K but is modified in the mold by at least half an inch, such that one's knee angle is appreciably less extreme. Might not be enough for your bones, of course. I've also seen lowering footrest mounts suitable for Raptors on ebay
There has been several conversations regarding her change over to the dark side Nick, one involved adjustable foot pegs on a raptor, another was a shaved seat and lowered shocks on a Navigator, amputations at the neck line and various other options put forward, let me put it clearly in Shebee's words, "I'm buying a Ducati and I deserve it", and I know a woman scorned is not one you want to argue with when it comes to choice of motorcycle ownership lol....we(that includes my Misso) does luvs ya Sheebers and love that you're doing whatever you have to do to be still able to stay on 2 wheels :thumbsup:
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Well, as a Ducati enthusiast myself, I can't argue with the logic! The Scramblers I've sat on at shows are probably the most comfortable Ducatis out there: not extreme in any way. Quite fancy one meself but I think I've got all the bases covered already.

Go, Shebee! :thumbsup:

Nick
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

:(
:thumbsup:
:cry:
:pilot:

Doing the right thing is the right thing to do :dance:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

shebee wrote: 4 years ago but not as bad as the rusty work hos!
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre, or something like that.

Be a shame if something did happen to the chapter, but i always wondered if you had a Facebook group? That's the way all the old forums i was a part of went.

Would love a 916 in yellow, for in my bay window in the living room, never ride it obviously that's what owning a ducati is all about i read somewhere :suspect:
nickst4 wrote: 4 years ago PS There is a decent 650ie going cheap on ebay right now! They are few and far between otherwise...
There was an old 2001, 650 on the marketplace for £800 t'other day. 20k miles, issue with the speedo. I did try to buy it but was beaten to it, I'm waiting for it to crop up here somewhere.
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

:ride:
We did think about a Facebook page but i can never find anything I’m looking for in old posts!
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Please don't convert to FaceBook, or you'll lose me cos I don't do social media.

As to the nasty slur on Ducatis in Craigfell's post: tain't so! I'd agree that the shape of a lot of Ducatis rules out riding them, for me at least, but the ones I have have been 100% reliable and excellent fun. But I guess you realized that and are just jealous... :lol: :P

Nick
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

We did think about a Facebook page
Unfortunately that requires signing up to Facebook... :(
Craigfell
On the Road

Post by Craigfell »

nickst4 wrote: 4 years ago As to the nasty slur on Ducatis in Craigfell's post: tain't so!

But I guess you realized that and are just jealous...

Nick
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not wrong.
HiFi
On the Road

Post by HiFi »

I prefer the forum to FaceBook any day!
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

Well it’s happening... plan A of a scrambler icon dark 800 got scrapped due to Ducati not being able to supply one in time for my March birthday (despite ordering it in December), plan B of a 800 full throttle, and then paint it black , got scratched when I discovered the dealer had a pre registered black 1100 at a sensible(ish) price in the back of the showroom .. and on the 69 plate i wanted... ‘twas meant to be!

Now impatiently waiting for PDI and stuff and trying to sort insurance :D
68F678F6-4B36-4418-80E1-0ADC5FF8E27F.jpeg
68F678F6-4B36-4418-80E1-0ADC5FF8E27F.jpeg (79.42 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Oh, great news! That 1100 should be just as lusty as the Raptor was: if I was in the market for a new bike, I'd certainly be tempted! As it is, I've just acquired something rather similar... :happyhappy:
Attachments
Monster S4R.jpg
Monster S4R.jpg (192.92 KiB) Viewed 7594 times
shebee
Site Admin

Post by shebee »

nickst4 wrote: 4 years ago As it is, I've just acquired something rather similar... :happyhappy:
:thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

I discovered the dealer had a pre registered black 1100
Loverly jubbly :D Eee I can see why you're reet excited now. You can't beat cubes. :ride:

BTW is it sporting Ohlins ?