G'day folks

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
pk13
On the Road

G'day folks

Post by pk13 »

Barman - I'll shout a round to the good folks here!

G'day all, greetings from Sydney.

New owner of an '05 Raptor 650ie here. Yet to ride her as the old girl has been gathering dust in previous owner's garage for a few years, wouldn't start so I took her straight to a mechanic.

This brings up a question - apparently fuel pump needs relacing and I'd be grateful for some collective wisdom on the matter.

Searching the forums I came across this thread: viewtopic.php?t=3879. Appreciate it is for 1000, so wonder what's the word on the replacement pumps for the 650?

I also came across this replacement pump: https://www.motorcycleid.com/quantum-fu ... -382s.html. The fitment guide lists a whole lot of other bikes such as Honda CBR1000RR 2004-2007 and Suzuki DL650 V-Strom 2004-2006. Would it be fair to say that the reverse is also true, i.e. a DL650 fuel pump would do the trick?

Thanks all, can't wait to get her sorted and out on the road. :ride:
PK
andybaggies
On the Road

Re: G'day folks

Post by andybaggies »

Yo! I'll have a large scotch & ice thanks.

Can't comment on the exact type of pump required for the 650 but I replaced one on a 1000, made by the same company Quantum.

However it wasn't an exact like for like replacement and did require a little fettling to fit snugly. I was unable to make use of the filters it came with either - I notice your ad makes no mention of filters.

Having said that it has worked fine for the 10 or so months since fitting with the bike used as my daily driver.

Oh, and you have to take real care when fitting it back into the tank. Always use a new gasket, I doubled up with Hylomar blue, and exactly follow the torquing up sequence and settings. Which are really low - summat silly like 3 ft/lbs. Otherwise it'll leak.

Cheers,

Andy B
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum!

I can’t help with the pump but hopefully you get it sorted!

I will have a margarita please, just a half pint as its so early :thumbsup:
Twisted Tequila Sister
pk13
On the Road

Post by pk13 »

andybaggies wrote: 5 years ago Can't comment on the exact type of pump required for the 650 but I replaced one on a 1000, made by the same company Quantum.
Thanks Andy, understood.

Deep down in my heart I was hoping for a magic bullet solution like a straight up fit of a V-Strom pump but it looks like Quantum may be the way to go.

Cheers,
PK
pk13
On the Road

Post by pk13 »

shebee wrote: 5 years ago Welcome to the asylum!
Thanks shebee, that sounds like my kind of place, feeling right at home already :nerner:
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Welcome. I've had the pump off my 650 but never had to get a new one. Oh and post some pictures. :D
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
pk13
On the Road

Post by pk13 »

Cheers @norrie

Here she is. Apologies for the picture quality - anything larger gets knocked back for being too large :naughty:
Attachments
IMG_20190216_154657998 compressed.jpg
IMG_20190216_154657998 compressed.jpg (38.53 KiB) Viewed 5797 times
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Looks to be nice & clean & original.

Enjoy & stay upright :revrev:
pk13
On the Road

Post by pk13 »

andybaggies wrote: 5 years ago Looks to be nice & clean & original.

Enjoy & stay upright :revrev:
Thanks @andybaggies!

You're absolutely right - she's stock as a rock and with less than 7k on the clock quite a fresh one.

Mechanic got her sorted, so last weekend saw the first (brief) ride. Proper rides - here I come! :ride: