LED headlight bulb

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

LED headlight bulb

Post by ozzraptor »

I am looking into fitting LED headlight bulbs , anyone done this on their Rap ?
1add2
On the Road

Re: LED headlight bulb

Post by 1add2 »

ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

How is the led light going , no blown bulb yet ? I would think they should last a long time. Hmmm another job to do ! Is it a straight out plug and play, no splicing of wiring ? Did you do the small parker at the front as well, they are prettty cheap .
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
How is the led light going , no blown bulb yet ? I would think they should last a long time. Hmmm another job to do ! Is it a straight out plug and play, no splicing of wiring ? Did you do the small parker at the front as well, they are prettty cheap .
I've swapped my sidelight for these

Tucked up inside the indicator pods. Not done the headlight yet, though I may upgrade that to HID, if I get the mood on me.
152/999
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

so far still going good ,i use bike every day with lights on .no splicing to do but you may have to change the positions of wires in the H4 socket . as for the park light i used flexible strips glued inside the head light shell 5on the left 5 on right and 3 above the reflector
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

1add2 wrote:55 years ago
so far still going good ,i use bike every day with lights on .no splicing to do but you may have to change the positions of wires in the H4 socket . as for the park light i used flexible strips glued inside the head light shell 5on the left 5 on right and 3 above the reflector
i would like to see that illuminated 8)
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

i will try to get a picture of it by the weekend (correction 6 left 6 right 3 above)
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

led lights , main ,park,off
Attachments
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG (106.96 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG (128.11 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
IMG_0377.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG (124.09 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

ohh thats nice , even in middle of day they are bright . Like the strip led too , good job :happyhappy:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Ooh, that is very purdy! :thumbsup:

I don't ride at night, and I run with my headlight off during the day (for a Top Secret reason!), so I can't justify the expense of flash lighting, but I have swapped the parking light globe for an LED one, and the white light from that is much nicer than the yellow light from the the headlight. I have been thinking of trying to get a "bluer" bulb for main and dipped, but I'm not sure what colour temperature would match my parker, does anyone know how or where you can measure these things?

And if anyone IS mucking about with their front lights I'm still keen to find out what bulbs are in the instrument cluster. :wink:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoOoh, that is very purdy! :thumbsup:

I don't ride at night, and I run with my headlight off during the day (for a Top Secret reason!), so I can't justify the expense of flash lighting, but I have swapped the parking light globe for an LED one, and the white light from that is much nicer than the yellow light from the the headlight. I have been thinking of trying to get a "bluer" bulb for main and dipped, but I'm not sure what colour temperature would match my parker, does anyone know how or where you can measure these things?

And if anyone IS mucking about with their front lights I'm still keen to find out what bulbs are in the instrument cluster. :wink:
instrument lights are T5 286 style, i changed all of mine for led, ebay-(10X T5 286 5050 SMD 1 LED Car Wedge Speedo Dashboard) cant remember exactly how many but i bought a pack of ten and had left overs
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

1add2 wrote:55 years agoinstrument lights are T5 286 style, i changed all of mine for led, ebay-(10X T5 286 5050 SMD 1 LED Car Wedge Speedo Dashboard) cant remember exactly how many but i bought a pack of ten and had left overs
Ooh, awesome, thanks very much for that, I bit the bullet and ordered purple ones, they only had them in pairs so I bought a total of 8, I'll post an update when the job is done. Now I just need to buy a replacement for the rubber well nut that I noticed was FUBAR last time I had the front end apart...
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.