What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoWell at least you have lotsa bits so you have choices!

High level pipes do look great, but would probably mean limited potential to simply throw soft panniers on for a weekend away - but then again a tailpack may fulfill any needs in this direction.
My main concern would be excessive bum heat - being a peely-wally Scot by birth means that whenever it hits 30 I'm already plenty warm, a toastie butt would not increase my riding comfort - maybe you could cope with some appropriate heat shielding in that area though.
I'm no automotiove expert, but I thought I'd read on here a 2-1 has the potential to screw up power delivery, so I wouldn't be heading in that direction, personally I love the symmetry of a 2-2 from behind! [ooh, err, missus!]
From previous experience with the 2-1 it lacks the low down torque of 2-2 but gains more up the top end. They do sound sweet as well but i ,like you, like the sound of the twin exhaust better and looks 8)
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Took the raptor for its MoT, passed with just an advisory for the leaking exhaust. I'm not really surprised by that as it has one of the exhaust gaskets missing :nod:
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

So it's now MoTd, taxed, air in the tyres, and fuel in the tank so Hazel decided to take her for a little bimble but not before Libby tested out the pillion seat for size

On the subject of air in the tyres, it's amazing how badly it handles when the pressures are low.
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't check the tyres this morning before taking it for its mot, so borrowed their foot pump to pump them up.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Excelent... Love the colour!
Twisted Tequila Sister
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

dirtydog wrote:55 years agoSo it's now MoTd, taxed, air in the tyres, and fuel in the tank so Hazel decided to take her for a little bimble but not before Libby tested out the pillion seat for size

On the subject of air in the tyres, it's amazing how badly it handles when the pressures are low.
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't check the tyres this morning before taking it for its mot, so borrowed their foot pump to pump them up.
cool photo
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Striped the sump plug thread, undoing it ! :(
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Great pic dirtydog, that purple really pops!

Sorry to hear raptor996, that sucks!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
dme28
On the Road

Post by dme28 »

Well, key protector arrived and fitted. Managed to get Hold of a single seat cowl on ebay :)

ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

dme28 wrote:55 years agoWell, key protector arrived and fitted. Managed to get Hold of a single seat cowl on ebay :)

i rather like that lower 8) I saw that cowl on ebay looked to be in good nick. +1 i see you got rid of the pair vave :thumbsup:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Looking really good folks, that swoopy lower does work well with the swoopy normale tank, but TBH ozz I personally think the aggressive lines of the Xtra work best with an aggressive lower, "I think" you should be going for a twill TrendItaly one, its lines would still allow you to peek at your tasty oil filter canister/cooler!

The silver rad guard doesn't look too bling in these pics, works well! Did it some with the oil cooler guard, and if so, how did you go with that?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoLooking really good folks, that swoopy lower does work well with the swoopy normale tank, but TBH ozz I personally think the aggressive lines of the Xtra work best with an aggressive lower, "I think" you should be going for a twill TrendItaly one, its lines would still allow you to peek at your tasty oil filter canister/cooler!

The silver rad guard doesn't look too bling in these pics, works well! Did it some with the oil cooler guard, and if so, how did you go with that?
I wonder if you can get those trend italy lower with a window :D so i can see that nice blingy filter
Today i pulled the rear wheel off , took my 41t TL1000 alloy sprocket to get machined 1mm ready for fitment, ordered some sintered pads , hopefully tomorrow i will get the new did chain,41t sprocket ,ti sprocket nuts and bolts on at least ,followed by rear pads and bleed. May be a good time to rip the exhaust off since everythings easy to get to now and see how my TLS yoshimura headers are not going to work :blink:
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

Re taped sump plug thread, yay! :)
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

raptor996 wrote:55 years agoRe taped sump plug thread, yay! :)
Yay indeed! :mrgreen:
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoI wonder if you can get those trend italy lower with a window :D so i can see that nice blingy filter
It comes with a window, which is why I think it's The One For You!
ShowOff.jpg
ShowOff.jpg (238.86 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
ozzraptor wrote:55 years agoToday i pulled the rear wheel off , took my 41t TL1000 alloy sprocket to get machined 1mm ready for fitment, ordered some sintered pads , hopefully tomorrow i will get the new did chain,41t sprocket ,ti sprocket nuts and bolts on at least ,followed by rear pads and bleed. May be a good time to rip the exhaust off since everythings easy to get to now and see how my TLS yoshimura headers are not going to work :blink:
Ah yes, linings=pads indeed, methinks. Watch out for that pesky clutch throw out, you've been warned! Why no nice yoshi headers? :(
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Going to take a bit more than tinkering to redo my exhaust , will have a go at the yoshi's later when i get my tig welding gear. Picked up a sweet unit off gumtree for about one fithe new price.

If anyone wants some header wrap to do the rear downpipe i have some spare i can send for free. Its 2inch ,great for getting over that sensor plug but not much use for the bendy bits.

Ti front caliper bolts fitted
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Fitted 41t sprocket, just have to fit new pads and bleed brakes :happyhappy: