led headlight

General spannery stuff
1add2
On the Road

led headlight

Post by 1add2 »

has anyone tried these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111144264702? ... 1423.l2649
H4 hi/lo drop in replacment 25 watt hi 25 watt lo allegedly brighter than the standard 55/60 halogen
snapdragon

Re: led headlight

Post by snapdragon »

not yet but am tempted :nod:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Wow, they sure are expensive! :woot:

I'm not keen on riding at night, but if you get them let us know how you go.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

they are expensive but i keep finding them at lower prices else where such as
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Set-20 ... 95803.html .you do get 2 bulbs so the price could be split between 2 people if your willing to take the risk and order from someone in china
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

i just ordered a set about 5mins ago for $88 i shall review them if/when they turn up in about 30ish days also i will be selling one bulb
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

fitted led bulb now, not a quick job on a vraptor, the big rubber boot on back of the headlight needs slight moddification so it does not restrict the air flow from the small fan on the bulb. initial impresions are very good light output, it is a white light not slightly blue or yellow, beam pattern is good , one strange thing is when hi beam is on both led chips are illuminated, apparently this is normaly.
only time will tell how long it will last, other than that a very good bulb
Bear of Little Brain
On the Road

Post by Bear of Little Brain »

1add2 wrote:55 years agofitted led bulb now, not a quick job on a vraptor, the big rubber boot on back of the headlight needs slight moddification so it does not restrict the air flow from the small fan on the bulb. initial impresions are very good light output, it is a white light not slightly blue or yellow, beam pattern is good , one strange thing is when hi beam is on both led chips are illuminated, apparently this is normaly.
only time will tell how long it will last, other than that a very good bulb
That's interesting, I hadn't expected a cooling fan (or is it used to push the light in the right direction? :? ). And I would have expected the beam pattern to be fairly spread out, since it is even less of a point source. Keep us posted on how it performs. I don't think you could put "energy saving" as a reason for purchasing the bulb. Especially with a V-Raptor. :lol:
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

energy saving was behind the idea ,that was the last fillament bulb left to replace, every point of illumination is now led , i know it isnt saving much but less work alternator does = more power at back wheel.
i have probably gained a lot less than 1hp but what the hell i like leds
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Pics please ! :)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

do they have 2 leds on each? or are they like some hids with a moving holder? Also be careful as my hid required a little modding on the elefant to get the holder to fit as it is a little larger than the holder but there should be enough room on the raptor.
Bit of a Muppet
1add2
On the Road

Post by 1add2 »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agodo they have 2 leds on each? or are they like some hids with a moving holder? Also be careful as my hid required a little modding on the elefant to get the holder to fit as it is a little larger than the holder but there should be enough room on the raptor.
they do have 2 leds , 1 for low beam 1 for high beam , but when high beam is selected both are on (this is apparently normal i contacted manufacturer to check). i had to swap the wires around in the H4 socket (cant remember which) so the pass switch would work correctly