Wot a nice bike!

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

Wot a nice bike!

Post by nickst4 »

After a long list of jobs that needed doing on the quite smart Raptor 650 we bought, I think it's finished and we can enjoy it. The new steering-head bearings have absolutely transformed the feel of cornering; the bike drops in and comes up again so easily. The old lower bearing race had multiple notches in it, so no surprise the steering wanted to stay in them.

Better yet, Dianne went out on the bike yesterday for the first time and loved it too! :happyhappy: I find it easier to fit onto because Cagiva dropped the footrests on the 650ie version at least, compared with the 1K, so my knees have an easier time and can take part in the distribution of bodyweight. As has often been said before, the 650 motor is a gem: not the bottomless source of urge like the 1K but really responsive and more than adequate for swift and engaging progress. The 650ie definitely has a character of its own and isn't just a feeble version of the 1K, as I rather feared it would be. With few exceptions, Cagiva bikes really hit the spot for me! :nod:

Nick