Happy New Year!

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

Happy New Year!

Post by nickst4 »

I guess we are mostly in hibernation, apart from stalwarts like Andy who use their Raptors day in, day out? :nod:

I saw what looked to be a decent Vee-Raptor undergoing preparation at www.v-duo.co.uk in Lincoln this week. The proprietor Adam Wood (a Good Egg by my judgement) was lining the expanding tank, something I always worry about with Cagiva's nylon tanks.

The reason for the trip to Lincoln was to see what was described as Ducati's response to the Raptor 1K, the Monster S4R; far more flamboyant than the basic Raptor, though not as weird as the Vee version IMO. I hope they are going to be friends in the garage! :wink:

Meanwhile, a protracted rebuild of the motor of the Suzuki GT550 has begun again chez moi. Lusty four-stroke vee-twins versus soft two-stroke triples: variety is the spice of thingie!

All the best to Raptorites everywhere.

Nick
Attachments
Sexy or wot?
Sexy or wot?
Monster S4R.jpg (192.92 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by shebee »

I did wonder if everyone had moved to Canada!

Happy new year to you too.. :drunk:

Im not doing too well here, various domestic crisis with Mother , i have just discovered we have a leak in the house roof (in the most inaccessible place!) and the car engine warning light has come on :( ... but my Ducati is due in the country in February (unless that goes tits up too ) ... roll on spring! Xx :cold:
Twisted Tequila Sister
Trevor68
Web Dude
Facebook address thingy: trevor.cannard.3

Post by Trevor68 »

Still here, still commuting to work every day on the rappy. :happyhappy:
“Motorcycling is not, of itself, dangerous. It is however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.”
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

apart from stalwarts like Andy who use their Raptors day in, day out?
Same here, still commuting although I'm using excess holidays to have a few 4 day weeks and have used the car a couple of times when the weather was particularly biblical. New front discs/pads, chain/sprockets & greased & tightened the swingarm/linkages over christmas.
Ducati's response to the Raptor 1K, the Monster S4R
Am I right in thinking the Raptor designer was the same guy who designed the original Monsters? You can certainly see the family resemblance. I see the S4R has Termignoni's - bet it sounds great. Not too sure about the white wheels mind...
protracted rebuild of the motor of the Suzuki GT550 has begun again
Good man! You know it makes sense. The Darmah build is, if not exactly steaming ahead, is progressing nicely with the engine/frame & wheels in one piece & now making a start on the wiring.
but my Ducati is due in the country in February
Ooo, anything tasty Sheebee? perhaps a carbon SuperLeggera?
740_strip_a05 1299 SUPERLEGGERA.jpg
740_strip_a05 1299 SUPERLEGGERA.jpg (169.43 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Andy,

Sorry to disappoint you, but the Termignonis are coming straight off the S4R and the OEM cans are going back on, albeit without the colostomy-bag/catalyst box that Ducati fitted 'neath the swingarm. The racket through the minimal straight-through cans from a litre of racing motor was utterly shattering! Happily, I prefer the look of the chubbier alloy OEM cans anyway, and prefer not to draw too much attention when I ride. :wink:

The white wheels are very sexy, but I don't think I'll be fitting an automatic chain-oiler to this bike! My guess is that the Raptor will be much easier to live with than the Monster, but I figure it's worth edging just over-the-top occasionally... :happyhappy:

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Ooo, anything tasty Sheebee? perhaps a carbon SuperLeggera?
Sadly nothing as exotic... a scrambler icon dark.. cos it fits!
:happyhappy:
Twisted Tequila Sister
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Very nice - eee I bet you're all excited Tommy. Not long to wait now :mrgreen:

And if the valve arrangement is the same as on my old bevel then you better get a 0.0 feeler gauge for adjusting the closing clearances....

Andy B