Files and photos?

Chat about anything
nickst4
On the Road

Files and photos?

Post by nickst4 »

Some of our blood-brothers, me included (and a few sisters too), partake in Cagiva/Ducati forums on Yahoo Groups and need to migrate elsewhere PDQ as Yahoo imminently pulls the plugs. Looking at various hosting options, am I being thick in not seeing provision here on the Raptochapter for Files and Photos?

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Files and photos?

Post by shebee »

You can add images and files into a post by using the attachment tab
BCBE1699-7407-4F3E-AB55-4EA245D99F06.jpeg
BCBE1699-7407-4F3E-AB55-4EA245D99F06.jpeg (198.67 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
at the bottom of the posting or reply screen. But there is a size limit. Bigger images and some file formats need to be hosted elsewhere (imagur?). HTH

Sheb
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

Hi Shebee,

I can see that stuff can be attached to posts but they sink out of sight and are visible only if one trawls through the old posts looking for appropriate topics. That works OK but other sites have a specific heading for important information and maybe photos. I'm only asking in case I've missed something! :nod:

Nick
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I can make you a section for that if you want, one for files and photos under technical? What do you want it to be called?
Twisted Tequila Sister
nickst4
On the Road

Post by nickst4 »

shebee wrote: 4 years ago I can make you a section for that if you want, one for files and photos under technical? What do you want it to be called?
Thanks for the offer but it's only worth doing if other Raptorites think it would be valuable too. The subject only occurred to me because several other Ducati/Cagiva forums are facing transfer of all their materials from Yahoo to another host, because Yahoo no longer wish to hold data and photos that have accumulated over years, preferring their forums to be only email chat-groups.

I hasten to say that the RaptorChapter is admirable in every (other) way, especially the in-touch Moderators! :roll:

Nick