whats your milage ???

Chat about anything
bikerted
On the Road

whats your milage ???

Post by bikerted »

when i bought my 2000 v-raptor six weeks ago it had a lowly 13200 miles on the speedo (documentation to confirm)
before i bought the bike i went to see seven raptors & v-raptors that were advertised locally and they all had less than twenty thousend on the clock,i find this very surprising as the bike is such fun to ride and copes with four hundred miles plus a day with ease.i was wondering whot sort of impressive milage fellow members have achieved cheers
snapdragon

Re: whats your milage ???

Post by snapdragon »

I can never understand that either, the engine is run in at 1200 ish, and settles to 'sweet' at about 7000 - from there on it's all a blur :wink: But dealers don't seem to take bikes with more than 2k a year in part exchange - seems daft to me.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

Mine's a 2001 with 16400 on the clock (I've got a few old MOTs to back up the mileage) that's only about 170 miles per month since it was new! Fits in exactly with snapdragon's coment of only 2000 per year from a dealer.

I'll be doing that in a week riding back and forth to work, hope the old girl can handle it after her long slumber :lol:
Brendan1983
On the Road

Post by Brendan1983 »

I've got a 2001 650 - I bought it 2yrs ago with 9,500 on it - It's up to 17,500 now, nothing compared to the milege I put on other bikes but then my Raptor's usually my 2nd bike
Cagiva Raptor 650 & CBR 900 RR-W

993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

2003 - 42k kilometres (26000ish miles) something now :)
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Bfef wrote:55 years agoMine's a 2001 with 16400 on the clock (I've got a few old MOTs to back up the mileage) that's only about 170 miles per month since it was new! Fits in exactly with snapdragon's coment of only 2000 per year from a dealer.

I'll be doing that in a week riding back and forth to work, hope the old girl can handle it after her long slumber :lol:
Just keep her insides happy with regular oil changes and chain lubed and she'll no doubt be just great :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Evil Twin
On the Road

Post by Evil Twin »

2001 with 53k km (app 33,000 mile)
Only the last 7000km are mine
The bike made me do it!
Demansia
On the Road

Post by Demansia »

2001 with 28,500km, what ever that is in the old money. 10,000km are mine
Nothin like V-Twin Grin!!
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

bought the bike 4 years ago. it was a 2001 with 23.000 miles.

now at + 100.000kms. still going VERY strong. i just rode a superduke today as a replacement bike for my supermoto, and the rap still feels as powerful as the superduke. a lot smoother too...low rev running still is fantastic on the rap.

the superduke has a way better seating position though ;)