tl1000s ecu on raptor will work with 1 wire mod :-)

General spannery stuff
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Re: interesting thoughts

Post by TLMONKEY »

Wintermute wrote:55 years agowas browsing away on the net, as you do, looking at info on ama superbike racers using tls suzuki's, something got my attention, they were going on about cutting down the throttle bodies, apparently makes a difference to bhp, taking off the body airbox side of the butterfly and lowering the airbox bottom to suit. have u heard anything similar anyone?
Yep,
A guy on tl1000 site im a memebr of lso heard of a german guy who said the same,he did it and made HP.
BUT...
This guy did the same,1st run with standard setup , 2nd run with shorter t/b's and according to him he lost a bit of HP.
So that thread went no where after that. :(
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

So??? did you take it?? the TL ecu?? shall we all start looking out for one??? I feel like a boy on christmas eve. Just wondering whether to start looking round for a TLs ecu for a bit/lot more power!
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Tried on dyno today but didnt seem to get any more hp.
BUT.. the tls ecu i had was off a swiss import and the bike just wouldnt tick over at all,so didnt really get much done bar 1 run.
So for now i would say it doesnt give anymore HP .
But i will be tryin agian in future but with a U.k. ecu.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Hmmm got to wonder whether finding and fitting a full berries TLs engine would be the way forward? Didn't they have 115bhp at the rear wheel, before suzuki cut it down a little?
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

philattersall wrote:55 years agoHmmm got to wonder whether finding and fitting a full berries TLs engine would be the way forward? Didn't they have 115bhp at the rear wheel, before suzuki cut it down a little?
Dont expect that would make much difference.
Mine's got an extra 70cc, higher compression and tlr heads with biggervalves and gasflowed and im still only getting 121-122 rwhp.
Which to me shows something is wrong somewhere as i should be getting more then that if standard 998cc tls engine kicks out 115ish rwhp :(
Maybe its the exhaust design or smaller rap airbox.
I just dont know phil.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

TLMONKEY, have been trying to remember the name of a Raptor race team in England, it was quite a while ago, you or someone else I'm sure will know of them.
Being a professional race team I reckon they would have extracted every last bit of HP possible from a TLS engine so was thinking if you contacted them they may give you some ideas or tricks to try.

Regards, zorro 8)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Already tried that one zorro :)
They said they just binned/removed the rap ecu+wiring loom and fitted ducati setup,then finally went to a trick ecu setup .

http://www.altoperformance.com/Racing/c ... ?menu_id=9

zorro wrote:55 years agoTLMONKEY, have been trying to remember the name of a Raptor race team in England, it was quite a while ago, you or someone else I'm sure will know of them.
Being a professional race team I reckon they would have extracted every last bit of HP possible from a TLS engine so was thinking if you contacted them they may give you some ideas or tricks to try.

Regards, zorro 8)
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Yer that's it Alto Racing, do you know what sort of HP/Torque numbers they were getting they didn't mention it the list of mods, quite frankly TL that Rap of yours with 121-122 HP must seriously rock, do you really need more or is it just the challange that fuels you. :twisted:

Regards, zorro 8)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

zorro wrote:55 years agoYer that's it Alto Racing, do you know what sort of HP/Torque numbers they were getting they didn't mention it the list of mods, quite frankly TL that Rap of yours with 121-122 HP must seriously rock, do you really need more or is it just the challange that fuels you. :twisted:

Regards, zorro 8)
I think they claim silly hp(like 160 :lol: ) but i spoke to the original builders/company who sold them that bike and they also laughed at that and confirmed with me that its kicking out around 130 rwhp

As for my bike/engine,
It not that i need more it is the fact that it should have more .
Look at it this way a standard 998cc tl1000s/r has 115-120rwhp
Now my raptor with tls engine.tlr bigvalve heads,gasflowed heads,tlr cams,higher compression ratio(much higher) and has an extra 68cc, a pair of 60mm race silencers and the airbox mod.
Now if that was on a tls i would expect it to be 130-135rwhp.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Yer fair enough TL I see your point, good luck with it and keep us all informed of future developments, very interesting stuff, makes me wonder how Ducati can get so much power out of their v-twin superbike race bikes.

Regards, zorro 8)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

zorro wrote:55 years agomakes me wonder how Ducati can get so much power out of their v-twin superbike race bikes.

Regards, zorro 8)
Its all about the RPM zorro,If you could rev a tl engine upto 13th you would get alot more HP ,but yoshimura tried that and the results = broken engine cases and cranks.
The tl engine cases are the weak point,they flex at high rev's which inturn lets the crank flex,which then usually after a few times cracks/snaps and wrecks your engine.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years ago
philattersall wrote:55 years agoHmmm got to wonder whether finding and fitting a full berries TLs engine would be the way forward? Didn't they have 115bhp at the rear wheel, before suzuki cut it down a little?
Dont expect that would make much difference.
Mine's got an extra 70cc, higher compression and tlr heads with biggervalves and gasflowed and im still only getting 121-122 rwhp.
Which to me shows something is wrong somewhere as i should be getting more then that if standard 998cc tls engine kicks out 115ish rwhp :(
Maybe its the exhaust design or smaller rap airbox.
I just dont know phil.
I've just been reading this
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/sp ... 7-3360.htm

If you scroll to the bottom it has a dyno print out of the TLs.
We can dream maybe......115bhp and over 72lb torq........
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

so Iain,

have you tried it with the UK ECU yet? :wink: :lol:

i wander if a '97 TLS ECU would work with the 98+ TLS raptor-engine...

cheers, jan
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

wreckah wrote:55 years agoso Iain,

have you tried it with the UK ECU yet? :wink: :lol:

i wander if a '97 TLS ECU would work with the 98+ TLS raptor-engine...

cheers, jan
Have bid on a few on ebay,but got out bid jan :(

Bike is in bits again right now ans still looking for a secondhand rear brake pedal .
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

i know the dutch guy from tlzone (ziggy...) is selling a few ECU's... 8)

hope you find a rear brake lever soon mate