running rough

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
craftycat
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: saragracewevillceramics

running rough

Post by craftycat »

:?
Took the raptor out on Thursday.. hmmmm running rough!! Seems to be very on/off and jerky.. only getting 155kms on a full tank whereas I was getting 170-180 before the light started flashing :(
Hubby seems to think we should check the air filter. Personally think it's a good excuse to get a power commander and K+N filter!!!! :lol:
2002 Cagiva Raptor 1000... mine all mine!!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

hmm.... sounds like its dropping onto one cylinder, once youve got the power comander and k & n, have a look at the front cylinger plug and lead? Thats a commons suspect.

xxx :D
craftycat
On the Road

Post by craftycat »

Thanks for that, I'll get James to take a look tomorrow. Will let you know what we find.
Miz
On the Road

Rough Running

Post by Miz »

If its broke fix it, if not when you add the air filter it will still run rough, then add the power commander and surprize it still runs rough!!!! Maybe even gets rougher....
152/999
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: Rough Running

Post by shebee »

Miz wrote:55 years agoIf its broke fix it, if not when you add the air filter it will still run rough, then add the power commander and surprize it still runs rough!!!! Maybe even gets rougher....
Nod nod , but I got the impression that she wanted (needed?) :wink: the powercomander and filters which is why I said after :)... Ohh I guess the water in fuel scenario is worth checking too as the symptoms can be simmilar :shock:
craftycat
On the Road

Post by craftycat »

Oh.. needed most definately!!! I thought about water in fuel but kept schtum as I am a mere girly and know nothing!! :wink: