Renthal flat bars ?

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Renthal flat bars ?

Post by ozzraptor »

G3ting wrote:55 years agoHi!

I changed the original handle pars to a set of Renthal Ultra low, Red.
Both looks and feels better, also breathes quality. :)

The only modification i had to do was that i had to drill holes for the handlebar controls.

Go for it! :)
awesome , thanks,just what i wanted to hear. This is for an xrap right ? Just making sure. Next on my order list :toocool:
Is this the one , Renthal Superbike Ultra Low Rise Bars - Motorcycle 733mm Wide Handlebar

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141167225167 ... 1438.l2649
G3ting
On the Road

Post by G3ting »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
G3ting wrote:55 years agoHi!

I changed the original handle pars to a set of Renthal Ultra low, Red.
Both looks and feels better, also breathes quality. :)

The only modification i had to do was that i had to drill holes for the handlebar controls.

Go for it! :)
awesome , thanks,just what i wanted to hear. This is for an xrap right ? Just making sure. Next on my order list :toocool:
Is this the one , Renthal Superbike Ultra Low Rise Bars - Motorcycle 733mm Wide Handlebar

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141167225167 ... 1438.l2649

I've got a V-Rap, but I think the specs are the same :)

Yep, it looks like the one I've got!
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Have just fitted Renthal Ultra Low (758-01) to the Xtra, thought you'd like to see the difference in the bars

Looks like the originals were bent when I had the off up in Scotland a couple of years back :shock:

It's a bit of a snug fit, but they do just fit, these shots are at full left lock

Will post some more pictures once it is out of the workshop.
152/999
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Miz wrote:55 years agoHave just fitted Renthal Ultra Low (758-01) to the Xtra, thought you'd like to see the difference in the bars

Looks like the originals were bent when I had the off up in Scotland a couple of years back :shock:

It's a bit of a snug fit, but they do just fit, these shots are at full left lock

Will post some more pictures once it is out of the workshop.
wow those stock rap bars look like they are made out of swiss cheese.
The renthals look nice compared to the cheap looking oem bars. I have some SRT xraptor bars from italy on the way, cant wait to get the stockers off as i think mine are bent as well.
Did you cut them down at all?
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

No, the choke cable gets a tad tight on full lock, and the brake line from the M/C will need changing at some point, but it'll do for now.
152/999
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Miz wrote:55 years ago
No, the choke cable gets a tad tight on full lock, and the brake line from the M/C will need changing at some point, but it'll do for now.
I like that master , looks like its a straight fit into the brake master like mine but yours is better quality. 8)
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago I like that master , looks like its a straight fit into the brake master like mine but yours is better quality. 8)
Thanks, it's a shame I could not get it in black/grey though, I'll see if I can get it anodised a different colour one day.
152/999
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

I have also changed handlebars and wow what a difference they make !
Way more upright riding position. :happyhappy:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Great, just what I needed, was to add "Renthal bars" to my shopping list! :doh:

But seriously, that's a great looking set up Miz, I too love your reservoir, where's it from and do they have a matching mini for the rear? I'm loving my Evotechs but that may not last forever now I know there's something else that's pretty damn cute!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoGreat, just what I needed, was to add "Renthal bars" to my shopping list! :doh:

But seriously, that's a great looking set up Miz, I too love your reservoir, where's it from and do they have a matching mini for the rear? I'm loving my Evotechs but that may not last forever now I know there's something else that's pretty damn cute!
Thanks, not too sure where the reservoir is from, I think I picked it up at a show/autojumble a few years back, it's been "on stock" waiting for the right application.

It had an outlet on its base that I managed to run a 8mm thread onto, then cut the angled pipe from the M/C and tapped that to suit, needed a bit of re-shaping on the M/C with a file , but am pleased with the result.
152/999
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Been out on the Xtra today (and it passed it's MOT), new bars feel good, new head bearings feel better!!

Bars are lower and a bit further forward, but feel good, need to do some more miles to see if they are comfortable.
152/999