Falco Rear Shock

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Dazza Bing-Bong
On the Road

Falco Rear Shock

Post by Dazza Bing-Bong »

Hi peeps :lol:

Gone and done it now, just purchased an Aprillia Falco rear shock off fleabay. Nice weather's here. Looking forward to feeling the difference once I've fitted it.
Also had to replace the rear disc, seven cracks in the standard one. Chose EBC for the replacement. £86 delivered with pads.
Incedentely there are still three other Falco shocks on fleabay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0292232498

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0162478540

are the two I liked the look of. The other one looked like it had seen its best. :D

Regards,

Darren
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

Don't forget you need to grind the 2 or 3 mm lip off the top bush of the shock to get the top bolt in. Also I fitted mine with the damping adjuster on the right, hard to adjust with the exhaust in the way.
Dazza Bing-Bong
On the Road

Cheers for that Baz :)

What adjustment does the Falco shock give you. I'm fairly sure the damping and rebound are combined. Is it multiclick or four preset settings.

Darren.
Dazza Bing-Bong
On the Road

Well I've done it now, went to my local bike shop Saturday to use their ABBA stand, and fitted the rear shock from the falco. The swap-out went fairly well, the only real problem being you need hands like a three year olds to reach the top bolt. An hour start to finish. :o
Sag was set to 40mm. The ten mil extra lenght on the shock gave 20mm raise at the rear bearing in mind I also have 25mm lift tri-angles in place giving 45mm lift total.
Just at a standstill the bike felt so much better so off down the road I went :wink:
What a revelation. You realise just how bad the standard set up is when you change it. So much more confidence in the rear. The bike tips in lovely and holds a line much better. The bike is now so flickable and quick steering. Under power there is very little squat and the whole bike is so much more controllable.
So in conclusion for £50 off Fleabay I would rate this as one of the top mods to carry out. Come on guys and gals, what are you waiting for :D

Regards

Darren.
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

Sounds good :)
I guess the shock will also fit the RSV swingarm?
Getting one with shock but it has the expansionchamber so it won't fit.

Do you know which bike adapter they used with the ABBA stand?
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.
993ti
On the Road

Post by 993ti »

Found they have one on their site :)
Going to need it, lol.
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.