Some articles on the V Raptor 1000 and the Raptor 1000

Chat about anything
Tikka
On the Road

Some articles on the V Raptor 1000 and the Raptor 1000

Post by Tikka »

The last couple of weeks i sourced some articles on the V Raptor 1000 and the Raptor 1000 from the years 2000 and 2001 with some more magazine on their way. I scanned them today and uploaded them so you can read them too. :)
I keep wondering what happend with the (V) Raptors, the press was quite impressed then. Cagiva really screwed things up then, it's so rare to see one.

You can find them here between other pictures:
-Performance Bikes April 2000
-Fast Bikes Januari 2001
-Performance Bikes februari 2001
-Kicxstart (dutch mag)
-Motor (Dutch mag)
http://tikka.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ov ... /i-dQ53kKR

(Don't believe the Dyno graphs, i can't believe it actualy makes the kind of power. I was done on an open day of a local dealer. I was more interrested if there were big dips, the BHP seems very high)
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Some articles on the V Raptor 1000 and the Raptor 1000

Post by ozzraptor »

Most of the articles state 105 but thats rwhp and not at the crank like most other manufacturers. I would like to see more dyno charts on the cagiva, will get mine on their one day. One article states there were no changes to the motor and that icluded tbs ,valves and cams. Only ecu ,exhaust and airbox ! Just the state of tune and these factors that differ to give the bike a more linear throttle response , no ripp your arms off at 6k with ram air :(
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

They all are positive about the Raptor, but the Monster sells the most. One magazine even writes that it's the best use ot the TL1000 engine ever. And still it never sold big numbers. Very odd.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Tikka wrote:55 years agoThey all are positive about the Raptor, but the Monster sells the most. One magazine even writes that it's the best use ot the TL1000 engine ever. And still it never sold big numbers. Very odd.
yes, od but good that there's less around
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

Lol, that's true. You know you're riding something special and people stare at you. It suits me, i had a Husaberg enduro bike, also rare. And still have a Scorpa Easy 250 trialbike. Also a bike you hardly see. Owning a V Raptor sure does set you apart at a bike event. :thumbsup:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Tikka wrote:55 years agoLol, that's true. You know you're riding something special and people stare at you. It suits me, i had a Husaberg enduro bike, also rare. And still have a Scorpa Easy 250 trialbike. Also a bike you hardly see. Owning a V Raptor sure does set you apart at a bike event. :thumbsup:
Thats right and this bike ticks all the boxes , handles, loads of grunt and torque, sound best of all and eye candy factor! When i was out riding the other day i was just soaking up how much i was enjoying this bike. Problem is you can get too carried away with mods , just ask the tl guys, its a disease :lol: Anyway off the subject a little i fitted my wavy discs now just to do plugs and fit some tlr venturis i have lying around and i am done apart from a dynotune,most important!
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

I scanned some more articles

Bike: September 2000. test between Raptor 1000, Speed Triple, Monster 900i,TL1000s (only the Raptor bits)
Bike: November 2000. Roadtest of V raptor 1000
Bike: May 2001. test between Monster S4, Fazer 1000, V Raptor 1000, Speed Triple (only the V Raptor bits)

Hard magazines to scan because they are very thick.

Placed them in a different gallery: http://tikka.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ov ... -Articles/
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Tikka wrote:55 years agoI scanned some more articles

Bike: September 2000. test between Raptor 1000, Speed Triple, Monster 900i,TL1000s (only the Raptor bits)
Bike: November 2000. Roadtest of V raptor 1000
Bike: May 2001. test between Monster S4, Fazer 1000, V Raptor 1000, Speed Triple (only the V Raptor bits)

Hard magazines to scan because they are very thick.

Placed them in a different gallery: http://tikka.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ov ... -Articles/
Suspension really let down the V's
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

That's why i had my frontsuspension stiffend and placed a Aprillia Falco shock at the rear. They name buildquality as an issue, like headlight coming loose. Can't say i agree with them on that from my own experience. Fake carbon takes some getting used too but not really an issue for me anymore.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Thanks so much for posting these articles, they're a great read. Some awesome quotes:
"...you're probably the sort of person who'll also love the V-Raptors quirks, and spend your life feeling satisfied in a way bland, in-line four bikers can't begin to understand"
"Mad Max meets Manga"
"It looks futuristic and a bit silly at the same time"
"A Monster for the Millenium"
"...it wheelies for Italy"
:happyhappy: :mrgreen:

Hadn't heard about the hot rear cylinder issue before, has anyone on here got any experience of this?
ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago...fit some tlr venturis i have lying around and i am done apart from a dynotune,most important!
Waiting with bated breath for news here!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

They just not used to a tl motor, ever seen a tl idling for awhile at night!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hah, no I haven't, what starts glowing first?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoHah, no I haven't, what starts glowing first?
usually the front header, my ducati used to get up a nice glow on the front header as well
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I used to be able to light a ciggy off the front down pipe on my Ariel 500 after a 'spirited' ride[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Technical magic
Twisted Tequila Sister
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

:thumbsup: got my bike in Performance Bikes magazine, readers bikes section :D